My orchid Cabat

blueiris

O.G.
May 11, 2008
Sorry for the uninspired title, but you all knew this was coming! In the Spring/Summer 2010 thread, I posted some thoughts on my visit to a BV boutique during a road trip over the weekend. kroquet and Mid- coaxed my initial reveal there. But here's the story.

When my husband and I started planning a road trip to visit my brother-in-law, I realized my usual SA's boutique was on the way, quite nearby our destination. I don't have a BV boutique near me, and my husband was quite willing to oblige, so we went. I had in mind that I wanted to see the orchid Cabat all along.

My SA knew I would be visiting that day, so she had the orchid Cabat ready for me. I loved it! I took my time, browsed all the other stuff that I never get to see in person, but in the end, I made the purchase. I saw several of the other Cabats that I had considered in the past, so I knew I was making an informed decision. It was much easier making this decision at the boutique than by at-home consignment!

About the color: the orchid color translates somewhat differently in different items, but I just love the color. I intend to use year-round, and I think it will age well.

In the end, I drank the little bottle of Evian my SA kindly gave me (it was a long road trip, and I was thirsty!), and had the bag shipped to me. It arrived today!

My husband has been so great about this, too. He let me shop in peace and wasn't hovering around, and he was supportive of my purchase, saying that I work hard and make a good living, and it's time that I bought something nice for myself. I don't have that many bags, but he went as far as to say that the orchid Cabat is in the realm of bags that are "worth the money" (with the caveat here that he doesn't know the price of the Cabat ;)). After work today, I modeled it for him again (with my comfy home-clothes and slippers on and all). He looked, considered it for a moment, and declared that he really likes the orchid Cabat on me and that it was a great choice. No, I don't need his approval for bags I buy, but still--he has a good eye for this sort of thing, and he thinks it looks nice on me, so yay!

Anyway, here are some photos--more to come. They were taken without flash in natural light. Thanks for letting me share!

Attachments

• Orchid-outside_2601.JPG
    Orchid-outside_2601.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 211
  • Orchid-inside_2578.JPG
    Orchid-inside_2578.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 844
Last edited:
-Thanks, liquid_room!

At first, I thought that orchid would be an "out there" color for me. But when I started photographing it, I realized that I have quite a few things in the orchid-ish color range.

First, there is the winter scarf that I knit for myself. Then, there are 2 of my Hermes scarves. Then, I realized some of my slgs are in the same sort of family, too (for those of you who know LV, that's cassis and grenade next to the BV lilac).

Attachments

• Orchid-sheepshop-scarf_2591.JPG
    Orchid-sheepshop-scarf_2591.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 416
  • Orchid-H-AxisMundi-2_2587.JPG
    Orchid-H-AxisMundi-2_2587.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 182
  • Orchid-H-Folies_2588.JPG
    Orchid-H-Folies_2588.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 405
  • Orchid-slgs_2584.JPG
    Orchid-slgs_2584.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 423
And then, I decided to photograph it with two of my other Hermes scarves, because even though the color families are entirely different, I think orchid still looks great with them. I really think I'll be able to wear my orchid Cabat with most anything in any season, without fear of clashing. I'm really relieved about this!

Attachments

• Orchid-H-GrandFonds_2597.JPG
    Orchid-H-GrandFonds_2597.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 134
  • Orchid-H-Persepolis_2594.JPG
    Orchid-H-Persepolis_2594.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 138
Ahhh, fantastic! She's a beauty and it sounds like your DH is too. :love: I've got a guy like that and we're very lucky. Sounds like you've got a great relationship.

So glad you've done a reveal as she certainly deserves it and I'm looking forward to more pics and maybe some modeling pics too. :tup: I like how your pics show the depth of color. Orchid is very hard to capture. Congrats!!

Overlapped your posts of more pics, gorgeous and keep 'em coming :P

Well, well, well....will ya look at that! Congratulations, blueiris! I agree, Orchid is an amazing color. I really thought I would love Anemone this year, but Orchid is the color that speaks to me. Enjoy your Cabat in good health.

attachment.php

Finally! A proper reveal! Congrats again, blueiris! I just commented on the S/S thread. It's really a stunning color... and I'm glad you're in love despite the fact that you were originally concerned about not being a "pink" person (so am I).

Love the scarf photos but I am really loving that 2-zip BV wallet that I was inquiring about earlier. It does look bigger than I thought but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Modelling pics next or are you like some of us who don't do them? I've broken mine twice recently with the belly and PO... out of sheer excitement. :lol:

Blueiris - what a gorgeous Cabat !! I completely love the color and it looks great with the scarves, even the different color families. Perfect choice and you will have many years of enjoyment!! Thanks for the thoughtful reveal!!!

I knew you had something shipped home. ;);)

-Thanks, everyone, for your kind thoughts on my reveal!

I'll try for some modeling photos later on in the week, although I'm shy about them. My mirrors are in areas with poor lighting, and I'm not very photogenic, either. Thanks for indulging all my still photos, though!

-TDL, the 2-zip wallet is taller than the other purple wallet in the photo, but it somehow doesn't seem as bulky, I guess because the body is pliable.

-kroquet, shipping it home made more sense for me, logistically speaking. I didn't want to have so much stuff in the hotel room and didn't want to leave it in the car, either. I wasn't trying to be sneaky! Mid- asked what I brought home with me, and I answered the question honestly. I knew you'd be on to my answer, though!

I don't know how ya'll can have things sent home. I wouldn't have wanted to let go. LOL

I can't get over how beautiful the color is and one of my Hermes scarves would be luscious with it. My favorite La Danse du Cheval Marwari in the cream and blue. Just a note, I told my DH that I was to be buried with that scarf.