My offer on a house was accepted! I HAVE A HOUSE!

Thank you so much, ladies! I've been finagling financing with the bank all day. The First Time Homebuyer's interest rate is 5.125%, which is GREAT!, but you have to do a LOT of stuff and jump through a lot of hoops to get it!

Megs: My condo down in Florida was $180k, that's why I never bought it! Home prices were RIDICULOUS while I was there! Maybe they're cheaper now? (PS... you probably heard, my mom was going to give me a gift from her inheritance and I asked for a Birkin like yours... but then changed my mind and decided this was putting the money to better use!)

You can how big the backyard is! All level and it's on over half an acre, I'm going to check into getting a pool!

Oh, man, nothing better for my spine than floating in a pool!!! I am SO THERE!

:yahoo: Thank you ladies!! I'm so excited! I'm already picking Ralph Lauren paint colors. I'm going to do the kitchen a deep brick red and the bathrooms cobalt blue. The mater suite is freshly painted in sage green so it'll stay that way. The other rooms are kids' rooms so they'll have to be repainted (there are the kids' names painted on the walls and such by the previous owner).

Speedy, the whole place is on the ground floor and wheelchair accessible and I've got plenty of room for you and everyone to come visit!

PurseGrrl, I'll take you up on that paint offer!

:heart:

TOOOOO COOOOOL!!!! I am so excited for you honey! I can see me zipping around the grounds in the power chair, sliding into the pool, watching you and PurseGrrl painting while we all sip maragritas... HEY! We can attach a baseboard brush to the frame of my chair and I'll zip around close to the walls! HA! :graucho:

I love your color scheme!! Can't wait for pics! :yahoo:

Congrats! I remember that feeling, how exciting! I don't know where you live, but the two-car garage here in upstate NY is a life saver in the cold winters!

Make sure you put some money aside for repairs and replacements. We just had to get a new motor for our furnace ($500), the repairman just left this morning.

CONGRATS! :woohoo::woohoo: Owning a home is awesome!