My Nightingale arrived...opinions please!!!

London 411

O.G.
Aug 1, 2009
Hi ladies.

Well I just received my very first Givenchy bag! I saved up, sold things I loved, and now I have a dilemma...

The bag arrived...the workmanship is outstanding...I just love the style, the size, the feel,....my problem...the color looks completely different than it did from the photo where I ordered it and I don't know how to feel.

I can't return it (not that I want to) it's just not an option. The first photo is of the bag when I saw it online and just feel in love!! I just loved the color and how the leather and the suede had such a nice contrast. The second photo is what the bag actually looks like. And yes, they are the same bag....I compared all of the markings....

I just don't know what to do...I keep telling myself that at least the dark brown won't show dirt and marks like the light tan would have, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I don't know if Givenchy even makes this exact bag in a light tan as the first photo seems to be.

Gosh, I would be just SO incredibly happy that I finally, after years of searching, found my every day bag...if it was the color I thought it was going to be....

The dark brown is so pretty, the photo actually doesn't do it justice, I'm just not a dark color bag girl....

I can't resell the bag because I will take a huge loss on it...

Does anyone know if the dark brown suede areas will lighten over time? Maybe if I let the sun hit it a lot? Or, is there a reputable company that could make the dark brown suede a lighter color? I don't want to do anything to it myself because I read a lot of horror stories. If there was a company out there that could lighten the dark brown I would do it in a heartbeat because I would carry this bag for years....

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! My poor Nightingale is sitting beside me right now, I'm sure feeling unloved, and she's just gorgeous and everything I want in a bag...I want to love her!!!!

Attachments

• $T2eC16VHJG!E9nm3p4LtBQTo(3rDqw~~60_1.JPG
    $T2eC16VHJG!E9nm3p4LtBQTo(3rDqw~~60_1.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 487
  • dark night.jpg
    dark night.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 481
I'm so sorry you're not happy with your bag! That's the worst, when you receive something that isn't necessarily what you thought it would be. Honestly, though, it's beautiful. Just gorgeous! Perhaps you can make room for it in your wardrobe and come to love it, despite it's dark color? I wouldn't try to make it faded yourself - you'd potentially ruin a stunning bag with saturated leather + suede.

The other thing I thought of is checking on Bonanza to see if anyone wants to trade, or check with a few resellers. The bag looks like it's in great condition and you could probably get a decent offer for it! Real Deal Collection, I've found, offers the most money and the fairest deals. I've consigned two bags with them and traded one in and could not be happier with the amount and speed in which they paid me.

The main thing is not to despair - you will find your perfect bag, even if this one isn't it! :yes:

I'm so sorry you're not happy with your bag! That's the worst, when you receive something that isn't necessarily what you thought it would be. Honestly, though, it's beautiful. Just gorgeous! Perhaps you can make room for it in your wardrobe and come to love it, despite it's dark color? I wouldn't try to make it faded yourself - you'd potentially ruin a stunning bag with saturated leather + suede.

The other thing I thought of is checking on Bonanza to see if anyone wants to trade, or check with a few resellers. The bag looks like it's in great condition and you could probably get a decent offer for it! Real Deal Collection, I've found, offers the most money and the fairest deals. I've consigned two bags with them and traded one in and could not be happier with the amount and speed in which they paid me.

The main thing is not to despair - you will find your perfect bag, even if this one isn't it! :yes:

Thank you so much for your kind words.:smile: The bag is brand new so it is in perfect condition. I actually don't want to get rid of it because, despite its color, everything else is just perfect. I am hoping there is a company out there that can lighten the suede while keeping the integrity of the bag. It is so pretty I don't want to see anything bad happen to it. I will carry her until I find a solution....I have no choice....believe it or not I don't really have another purse I can carry...not rich enough to have a closet full of bags...but that's okay, it just makes me really appreciate what I do have. That's why it is so important for me to absolutely love the bag I carry. Ugh!!

Hi ladies.

Well I just received my very first Givenchy bag! I saved up, sold things I loved, and now I have a dilemma...

The bag arrived...the workmanship is outstanding...I just love the style, the size, the feel,....my problem...the color looks completely different than it did from the photo where I ordered it and I don't know how to feel.

I can't return it (not that I want to) it's just not an option. The first photo is of the bag when I saw it online and just feel in love!! I just loved the color and how the leather and the suede had such a nice contrast. The second photo is what the bag actually looks like. And yes, they are the same bag....I compared all of the markings....

I just don't know what to do...I keep telling myself that at least the dark brown won't show dirt and marks like the light tan would have, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I don't know if Givenchy even makes this exact bag in a light tan as the first photo seems to be.

Gosh, I would be just SO incredibly happy that I finally, after years of searching, found my every day bag...if it was the color I thought it was going to be....

The dark brown is so pretty, the photo actually doesn't do it justice, I'm just not a dark color bag girl....

I can't resell the bag because I will take a huge loss on it...

Does anyone know if the dark brown suede areas will lighten over time? Maybe if I let the sun hit it a lot? Or, is there a reputable company that could make the dark brown suede a lighter color? I don't want to do anything to it myself because I read a lot of horror stories. If there was a company out there that could lighten the dark brown I would do it in a heartbeat because I would carry this bag for years....

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! My poor Nightingale is sitting beside me right now, I'm sure feeling unloved, and she's just gorgeous and everything I want in a bag...I want to love her!!!!

Oh hey! I love your own photo much better than the stock one that sold you on it in the first place. Luscious chocolate suede is divine!!!! Even if this is not your favourite Nightingale, I think you can rest assured...she is still a real beauty AND classic...she's just gorgeous!

If i had to buy suede anything, id much prefer darker color than light. However, since its not your cup of tea, y can't u return to seller on the account that the listing was misrepresentation of the bag delivered?

Thank you so much for your kind words.:smile: The bag is brand new so it is in perfect condition. I actually don't want to get rid of it because, despite its color, everything else is just perfect. I am hoping there is a company out there that can lighten the suede while keeping the integrity of the bag. It is so pretty I don't want to see anything bad happen to it. I will carry her until I find a solution....I have no choice....believe it or not I don't really have another purse I can carry...not rich enough to have a closet full of bags...but that's okay, it just makes me really appreciate what I do have. That's why it is so important for me to absolutely love the bag I carry. Ugh!!

Oh! So sorry. I was under the impression you bought it used or from a seller on eBay or Bonanza. If that's not the case, then why not return it and find something you love? It sounds like the type and shape of the bag are perfect but that you're just not in love with the color. To my knowledge, there's nothing you can do to lighten the suede outside of using the bag :smile: So, I say use the bag and it will eventually fade with use (might not be fore years, but still!) or return/sell it and get a color you love :smile:

If i had to buy suede anything, id much prefer darker color than light. However, since its not your cup of tea, y can't u return to seller on the account that the listing was misrepresentation of the bag delivered?

I just don't know what to do. I did finally send the seller an email with the photo they had up of the bag and the photo I took of the bag. I did not ask them to take it back, I actually asked them if maybe they had two in stock and sent me the wrong one. I don't think this is what happened, however, since with close inspection I can see the same markings on both bags. I'm just hoping for a miracle here.

I just can't believe how different the colors are! I feel so stupid now for not asking before I bought it if the color represented was the true color of the bag.

Oh! So sorry. I was under the impression you bought it used or from a seller on eBay or Bonanza. If that's not the case, then why not return it and find something you love? It sounds like the type and shape of the bag are perfect but that you're just not in love with the color. To my knowledge, there's nothing you can do to lighten the suede outside of using the bag :smile: So, I say use the bag and it will eventually fade with use (might not be fore years, but still!) or return/sell it and get a color you love :smile:

It's okay:smile: I did buy it from a seller on eBay, but it was brand new. They state no returns...I did just send them a photo of the bag they took and I took so they could see the difference. If I knew it would get as light as the photo of the bag I thought I was getting I would keep it and use it in a heartbeat and enjoy watching the change.....humph!

First I personally prefer dark one, I would have mentioned the girl with such a beautiful dark suede Gale in a thousand which I can't say about lighter olive brownish one.
But of course it's important to get what you want. You can try to model it with different outfits in front of the mirrow and look how it goes and feels so it will be easier to decide on her.
If it doesn't work you can contact the seller first, and then in case she doesn't accept return you can always ask eBay to help you via buyer's protection.

It's okay:smile: I did buy it from a seller on eBay, but it was brand new. They state no returns...I did just send them a photo of the bag they took and I took so they could see the difference. If I knew it would get as light as the photo of the bag I thought I was getting I would keep it and use it in a heartbeat and enjoy watching the change.....humph!

I'm sorry your bag isn't what you hoped it to be, I really empathize!!!

Can I please express my total love for the chocolate Gale? It is so sumptuous, the colour so vivid and rich and I think chocolate is really the 'other' black...goes with just about everything and the texture of the suede gives it the coolest edge....

I think you should take it up with the seller....see what happens...you don't know if you don't ask??

Best of luck
E xx

Personally I prefer the bag you received. Dark colours, especially in suede, are lower maintenance.
I used to have a light beige and brown Chloé bag and I ruined it with colour transfer!