My next LV purchase

erica_1020

Mar 17, 2010
OK my 1st LV was 3 days ago and now i am dying for another bag. I got Neverfull Mono MM and I love it. I have been on this forum since then learning about patina, charms, organizers, etc.

I am 5'2" and more than just a little overweight. I was thinking of getting a Speedy 35 in Ebene Damier, but heard they are hard to get stuff out of and the zipper scratches. Need practicality. I have had my eye on wallets, clutches, etc, but my question is...

If you could pick a bag for my 2nd, what would you suggest? and Why?

id go for the speedy. i like the alma but dont like the leather on the bottom showing dirt easily on the monogram. maybe the alma in the damier. its cute make easier to get in and out of.

I vote for speedy! I have owned the alma before but sold it because it's quite difficult to get things out. I love the speedy in ebene damier, had it for a few years and use it off and on. I'd suggest buying a base shaper for the bottom (check ebay) it helps maintaining the shape of it. The bottom won't sag! I love mine!

If you want to stick to the Damier Ebene pattern, have you thought about the Trevi, it's a gorgeous bag and can be hand carried, or carried over the shoulder! Or, what about the Mono or damier azur galliera? Those are both gorgeous shoulder bags and super cute, kind of a slouchy, boho chic style! I'm not a huge speedy fan so I'm not much help with that, sorry! I'd def check out the Trevi or Galliera though! Good luck with your decision, LV is so darn addicting, it seems like you get one and then you're already planning your next purchase LOL!

How about the new Mono Idylle Speedy 30 with the strap?

You can wear it three ways and the mono is a little smaller and more sedate. I think its prettier than the damier ebene.

It really is a beautiful bag- I bought one in fusion (dark brown).

speedy sounds great. i've never found it hard to get things out of it, nor has the zipper scratched. i will say that it is sometimes hard to find things in the bag just because it is so spacey. i'm not a fan of those bag organizers, so sometimes it takes a while of digging to find those keys. haha. but regardless, speedy is the ultimate classic, and would be great for a second bag!

I was thinking of getting a Speedy 35 in Ebene Damier, but heard they are hard to get stuff out of and the zipper scratches.

Where did you hear this? This is completely incorrect. The 35 has ample room, is very easy to get in and out of, and the opening is plenty big - the zipper doesn't scratch! I have a 35 mono and it's my go to bag!