my next LOUIS VUITTON bag! Tivoli GM vs. Montorgueil PM?????

one_love

Jan 28, 2009
ok guys i need some advice..again! so i recently purchased a damier ribera MM ( previously posted a thread with pics) and im still in love :tup:. i also have a mono speedy 30. i actually prefer not to have too many LV bags, becuase i find that the more i have, the less "special" each one becomes..i know not everyone feels this way and that im probably crazy :S well anyway..since i don't like having too many i just want one more "shoulder" bag, since my ribera and speedy are hand-held. i want something thats casual and that i can just "throw around".

so im thinking of getting either a montorgueil PM or a Tivoli GM. i love both of the styles, but i like the price of the monty more ;)

in order to pay for my new bag i was thinking of selling my speedy. mostly because i don't wear it all that much and its condition is getting kind of bad. now im question to all of you is:

1. which one of the bags should i get? montorgueil or tivoli?
2. should i sell my mono speedy, in order to buy the new bag?

you advice is greatly appreciated..TIA!

I like the look of the tivoli better.... But I don't like the rolled handles. I have two bags with rolled handles and I don't care for them. So I say go for the monty and with the extra money get something like a cles

I tried both on and I liked how the Monty more (and the price :smile: I like how comfortable the Monty is and how you can squish it nicely under your arm when it's on your shoulder.

The Tivoli GM is one of my favorites too but it's too big IMO and not as comfy to carry.

So...MONTY and yes, sell your speedy if you're not using it much. Pass on to someone who will use it. I just sold a bag that I don't use much and it's a nice feeling when you sell to someone who loves it!

i really like both of those choices, but because of the price difference i mite have to say go for the monty. and yes i think u should definitely sell the speedy if you no longer like it.

I have the tivoli GM and prefer its design over the monty but the handles are a bit of a pain, I only wear it when I'm wearin a coat which has gathered shoulders/sleeves (if you know what I mean lol). Thats the only Way it wil stay on, and can still sometimes be uncomfy. Go for the monty, many people say its comfortable, its a lot cheaper so you can get something else, this way you prob don't have to sell your speedy (I think you should keep it, everyone regrets selling speedyies lol), and a cheaper bag means it can be more of a throw around bag. If I threw my tivoli around, it'll cry!! lol sorry so long!

I like the Tivoli and the price of the Monty.
I suggest to get the bag you like better.
Like you already said: you want only a few - but special bags.
Get something you really like! Don't get it because of the price - you'll regret it later!