My newly rehabbed LV Alma isnt she beautiful

Jan 20, 2013
I just got my newly re-leathered Alma bag home and wanted to share. She is a vintage bag and LV has brought her back to life. Look at the before and after. Isn't she beautiful. I would like to see other success stories. Please share!!!

Attachments

• 2012-12-09 13.52.39.jpg
    2012-12-09 13.52.39.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,777
  • 2013-01-26 23.10.04.jpg
    2013-01-26 23.10.04.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,757
Reactions: Annabel Lee and j19
May I ask how much it was to get re-leathered?

This one was about $560. All the leather has been replaced it took about 6 weeks. Even the lady in the LV store said OMG it looks almost brand new. Totally worth the price when you compare it to new. I now have a club with the LV staff we are going to do our Cabas bags next.

It is fun to do this is my second one. May sure the one you buy is a suitable candidate meaning the canvas can not have any damage or LV will not touch it. Otherwise it is great fun and well worth it. I will say it can be addicting and EXPENSE.lol:biggrin:

Please share when you do.

This one was about $560. All the leather has been replaced it took about 6 weeks. Even the lady in the LV store said OMG it looks almost brand new. Totally worth the price when you compare it to new. I now have a club with the LV staff we are going to do our Cabas bags next.

It is fun to do this is my second one. May sure the one you buy is a suitable candidate meaning the canvas can not have any damage or LV will not touch it. Otherwise it is great fun and well worth it. I will say it can be addicting and EXPENSE.lol:biggrin:

Please share when you do.

Thanks for the info! I will definitely share if I ever decide to do it. Good to know about the condition of the canvas, too. Enjoy your "new" Alma!!!

It's gorgeous!!! Congratulations! I bought the mono alma last year and love it. You should buy a new clochette for it now. They will sell you one since you have an alma. If you get it now, it will patina at the same rate as the rest of your bag. I had mine heat stamped with just the stamp, no color. It would be great on your bag!!

Here's how a heatstamped clochette would look on your bag.

image-3252636575.jpg

image-3395736603.jpg

Your bag does look brand new!!! Worth every penny!!

Last edited:
I just got my newly re-leathered Alma bag home and wanted to share. She is a vintage bag and LV has brought her back to life. Look at the before and after. Isn't she beautiful. I would like to see other success stories. Please share!!!

Gorg! You're making me want to do this to my Batignolles Vertical. Do they also repair the cloth lining as well?