My newest vintage finds... I feel so lucky :-))

Hello,

I did some Christmas shopping this afternoon and I found a very great boutique with vintage and second hand haute brand stuff (from foulars, wallets, belts to Chanel & Birkin bags).

As a young girl (just 23y of age), it is quite normal that I cannot afford a Hermès bag right now. I have 1 vintage Hermes foulard ("Feux du Route") and have always been longing for some more (especially vintage)! And well today... I got these 2 lovely pieces to add in my collection :smile: ... Sjeez I am in loooove... Aren't they just great?!

The first is a vintage carré, "Tutankhamen". I love it. And once again: the details. Amazing! I've always been into history and fashion: so this makes a great one! :biggrin:

The second thing I bought as a gift for myself is this lovely small twilly. Anyone got any idea from which year it is?

And a last question: is it normal that there is a stamp with a "S" under the cleaning instructions tag? I am only "familiar" with carrés, never got a twilly before. :smile:

Thank you for letting me share my "excitement" here. :smile:

Attachments

mistikat

Bling!
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
An S stamp typically means it was purchased at an Hermes sale for less than retail.

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
WONDERFUL purchases NumeroCinque!!! And bravo to you ...yes, they are GREAT!

birkel

O.G.
Jan 17, 2009
Love Tut this scarf is so beautiful with an all black ensemble it would be amazing when worn as a bolero

Holsby

O.G.
Nov 24, 2008
Sweden
Hello,

I did some Christmas shopping this afternoon and I found a very great boutique with vintage and second hand haute brand stuff (from foulars, wallets, belts to Chanel & Birkin bags).

As a young girl (just 23y of age), it is quite normal that I cannot afford a Hermès bag right now. I have 1 vintage Hermes foulard ("Feux du Route") and have always been longing for some more (especially vintage)! And well today... I got these 2 lovely pieces to add in my collection :smile: ... Sjeez I am in loooove... Aren't they just great?!

The first is a vintage carré, "Tutankhamen". I love it. And once again: the details. Amazing! I've always been into history and fashion: so this makes a great one! :biggrin:

The second thing I bought as a gift for myself is this lovely small twilly. Anyone got any idea from which year it is?

And a last question: is it normal that there is a stamp with a "S" under the cleaning instructions tag? I am only "familiar" with carrés, never got a twilly before. :smile:

Thank you for letting me share my "excitement" here. :smile:
Congratulations to your purchases! The Tutankhamon is magnificent and the Cordages is fun with the ropes winding all over the twilly and a happy colour!
Both the twilly and a 70 cm vintage scarf came spring/summer 2013. There probably is an original carré 90 cm from years back, but I know nothing about that. Here are pictures from Hermes.com showing the 70 cm scarf and the twilly.

Cordages 70cm 982740S02.jpg Cordages Twilly 062740S11.jpg