My New Yurman earrings

Lola

O.G.
Jan 11, 2006
Here are my new Petite Albion Blue Topaz and Diamond earrings that DH picked out for me. They go with my Blue Topaz cable bracelet:

attachment.php

The SA who sold this to me told me that the chlorine from a swimming pool or a hot tub will take off the finish of Yurman's gem stones and they won't be as shiny--the stones will look dull and lifeless. She said that she had to send many stones back to Yurman for her customers for the stones to be replaced. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Attachments

• IMG_0074 rs.jpg
    IMG_0074 rs.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 261
Beautiful! I got those earrings (with black onyx) for Xmas and returned them for something else, but seeing your pics makes me want them again!!

I've been swimming and whatnot with my petite albion ring with no problems whatsoever. Quite frankly, if anything happened to mine, I'd be raising hell at the store, because A) I was not given any warning, and B) they're gemstones. Since when can we not swim with peridot, blue topaz, etc?

Congrats! :smile:

Does the chlorine in tap water take the finish off of the stones over time? For the money we pay for Yurman jewelry, you would think.......

I hope not and I don't think so since the chlorine in tap water is nowhere nearly as concentrated as a pool. I have a chlorine filter in my house since I'm very anti-chlorine. Enjoy your earrings!!

I did find this link which mentions chlorine
Beautiful pieces!
Do not expose your precious gemstone pieces to saltwater or harsh chemicals, such as chlorine or detergents. These chemicals may slowly erode the finish and polish of gemstones. Hair spray, perfume and perspiration may cause jewelry to become dull. Apply all cosmetics, perfumes and colognes before putting on colored gemstone jewelry. Make sure to wipe your gemstones after wear to remove any chemicals, oils or perspiration

Love the petite albion earrings!!! Congrats! I have always thought that because gemstones are relatively soft, as is sterling silver, that it is better not to expose them to chlorine, salt water or any kind of abrasive substance