My New York Balenciaga experience and purchase.....*pics*

Fred&Ginger

Mar 17, 2007
Hi ladies

I did it....I managed to lose my partner for a few hours during our visit to New York (he wanted to do a tour of a baseball stadium...I didn't) and managed to visit both Barneys and BALNY.

Barneys was disappointing....didn't see anything I would want to buy. I was particularly looking for something in Vert Thyme, but they only had it in the city and I think part time and both were in the giant hardware.

I then ventured to BALNY. I see what you mean by the cave. However the sales assistant was very nice, and whilst again they didn't have much in VT (except a work I think), I ended up buying a step in the Olive. They also had the brief in olive with giant silver hardware, and I must admit I was sorely tempted.

I was surprised that the step is smaller than expected, probably city size.

Anyway she is a beauty, and I am delighted with my purchase.....

ebay020.jpg

ebay021.jpg

Oooooooh ... very nice! I had seen the Step style in Italy (in the Violet color) but I resisted because (as you say) it seemed to be the same size as the City and I really prefer a larger bag. Your bag is indeed a beauty ... CONGRATULATIONS!

F&G!!!!! You ventured away from the day bag! THat is one good lookin' yummy step! I love vert fonce, you have to post a modeling pic. SOme many people have questions about the step, it would probably be very helpful. I hope you are having a good time in NYC, will you be there for the New Year? Happy Holidays!

Congrats!! I looooooooove VF. One of the most interesting, yummy, verstile neutrals around. I'm carrying my VF SHG Day :love: today and I had to give it a rub down and smoooosh after I saw pics of your new beauty. Love it!