My new truffle twiggy!

Thanks everyone! These pics were taken after I had applied two coats of Apple conditioner and then did a nice rubdown. But my actual "technique" hasn't been done yet. This leather will only continue to get better as time goes on.

I would like to know too!! :smile:

I kind of worry about talking about it too much because I am afraid someone will ruin their bag trying to do what I do. Also, I do not recommed this for anything other than DARK colored bags.

This is not "my" technique....I think Ranskimmie might have been the first one to do it. So I can't take credit for it by any means!

I apply two HEAVY coats of Apple Leather Conditioner lotion, rubbing them into the leather roughly. I let that soak in for about half an hour, then I start stretching and twisting and wringing the bag out like a wet rag. Then I do something that is kind of hard to explain but really makes all of the difference. I lay the bag on a flat surface and hold part of it in one hand while rubbing the thumb of my other hand very hard down each section of the leather. This really stretches it out and takes out the shiny and veiny parts.

I use the bag for a few days and look at it a lot and then usually do the whole process over again, including the two thick coats of Apple lotion. After I get the leather looking just the way I want it, I spray Apple Garde' Rain and Stain Repellant on it. I do one thorough spray, let it dry overnight and then do another good spray and let it dry.

That's it!

I think the key thing here is getting the leather really moisturized before twisting and pulling on it. This way, it stretches without ripping.

If any of you do anything I've written about, please use caution and take it slow and easy. I don't want anyone to hurt their bag!!