My NEW Tonal Denim Cotton Carly came today...

glamgirl84

Sep 10, 2007
...and I think its going to be returned :sad: Im just not WOWed by it once I saw it in person. I mean its...ok. And I thought I would really love the braided shoulder strap but in reality, I think it takes away from what a Carly is and I dont like it as much as the strap on the original bags. Its also really STIFF. I know that will let up, but I dont think it will ever be perfect, since the braiding is so thick. I have tried on other bags w/ the braided strap and they were never so non-conforming. ALSO, the leather strap down the side is also different from the regular Carly- it doesn't have the turnlock and isn't as detailed. The bag is also just...small.

Im also concerned about the cotton fabric. Its not very heavy and I think wear and fraying would show up pretty quickly.

What do you guys think of it? Im so disappointed that I don't love it more. With tax it was a little over $300...I just can't see myself spending that much on a bag that I don't LOVE. I thought I had finally found the Carly that would be perfect for me, but I guess not :girlsigh:

ok... uploading them to TPF isnt working for some reason, so here they are. sorry if theyre really big!

P1010408.jpg

P1010410.jpg

P1010411.jpg

P1010412.jpg

eh, not doing it for me either. I can't say that I am big on the denim look anyhow. I would return if you don't get the WOW. You at least need somewhat of a wow bond to your girl if you are going to drop full price on her!