My new (to me) yellow Epi Alma!

halocom

Dec 26, 2006
Hi, I don't post much, but am very excited about my first Alma! She's all the way from Australia. The first picture is the box she came in. Yup, it looked exactly like that when it arrived - open and squished. My heart skipped a couple beats and I had horrible thoughts of a damaged bag running through my mind, but as you can see, she's fine (and already filled for tomorrow).

One question, the date code indicates the bag was made in 2002 - were the locks a lighter color then? This Alma's lock is much less gold-toned than the one from my Lockit and the color is noticeably lighter than the hardware on the rest of the bag. Of course, it's probably my fault for attacking the tarnish with silver polish and a Mr. Clean eraser. btw, I *do not* recommend that combination, it left fine scratches all over the metal. Oh well, it's not going to ruin the joy at finally having a bag that I've wanted for years!

Thanks for letting me share. :smile:

Attachments

• Alma_box.JPG
    Alma_box.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 192
  • Alma.JPG
    Alma.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 249
  • Alma_interior.JPG
    Alma_interior.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 281
Congrats! I have always loved the purple lining inside the yellow Epi pieces.

With the box being open like that, I would have been scared that the bag wasn't even in there! No wonder you freaked out when you saw it!