my new (to me) Picotin questions

hi sorry if these have been answered in another thread, but i did a quick search and couldnt find. received the Picotin PM i purchased off ebay a few days ago from a lovely seller! i have a couple of questions about the bag:
- leather type/colour name (i think its Swift exterior with Chevre contrast and piping, but i don't know the official leather colour names... contrast looks like Moutarde? The blindstamp is same as my Barenia Toile Jypsy (ie no silver/gold emboss), but the leather on the picotin is a dark brown, not a gold like my brown Barenia... so im confused!
- the bag has an S stamp inside which im familiar with, but what does the numbers at side of S stamp mean? the datestamp etc on inside strap ( which didnt photo well) is I in a square, plus 31. plus a O embossed with no centre to it....... I i think is 2005.... the only bags i have seen with S stamps are Birkins and its on the exterior of the bag, with no other numbers.

id appreciate any help as ive reached the limit of my knowledge, thanks!

Attachments

• P1050593.jpg
    P1050593.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 450
  • P1050594.jpg
    P1050594.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 457
  • P1050598.jpg
    P1050598.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 454
  • P1050599.jpg
    P1050599.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 446
hi sorry if these have been answered in another thread, but i did a quick search and couldnt find. received the Picotin PM i purchased off ebay a few days ago from a lovely seller! i have a couple of questions about the bag:
- leather type/colour name (i think its Swift exterior with Chevre contrast and piping, but i don't know the official leather colour names... contrast looks like Moutarde? The blindstamp is same as my Barenia Toile Jypsy (ie no silver/gold emboss), but the leather on the picotin is a dark brown, not a gold like my brown Barenia... so im confused!
- the bag has an S stamp inside which im familiar with, but what does the numbers at side of S stamp mean? the datestamp etc on inside strap ( which didnt photo well) is I in a square, plus 31. plus a O embossed with no centre to it....... I i think is 2005.... the only bags i have seen with S stamps are Birkins and its on the exterior of the bag, with no other numbers.

id appreciate any help as ive reached the limit of my knowledge, thanks!

This is a bag that was sold at an employee sale. That's what the S and numbers mean.

There are mixed opinions as to whether or not Hermes will service these bags. They generally sell for less because of this. The I in a square is the date code. Colours look like chocolate or possibly marron and gold. Moutarde was not available in 2005.

Last edited:
Mistikat:
thanks so much, yes i sussed that the I in a box was the datecode, (as my Birkin was from the following year) but had never seen the other nos on a bag before.. TBH if it was a birkin or Kelly id worry if H wouldnt accept it for a Spa in future, but as i got a good deal on the bag and intend to use it as an everyday "grab and go" i don't mind about that or being too obsessed about wear issues..... any ideas on the leather type/colour names tho?

See my post above re colours. I think swift was introduced in 2006. It replaced gulliver, a very similar skin.
gosh so sorry, Mistikat, i missed the original bit in your post about the Swift leather... (Doh!). Just one final question if you would be so kind...?
so do leathers other than Barenia get the Hermes stamp without silver/gold letters (as inside my Picotin, just embossed?) - sorry i don't know the proper name for this!. My Jypsiere has this type of embossed lettering, so it wasnt exclusively used for Barenia leather?

gosh so sorry, Mistikat, i missed the original bit in your post about the Swift leather... (Doh!). Just one final question if you would be so kind...?
so do leathers other than Barenia get the Hermes stamp without silver/gold letters (as inside my Picotin, just embossed?) - sorry i don't know the proper name for this!. My Jypsiere has this type of embossed lettering, so it wasnt exclusively used for Barenia leather?

I thought yours might be barenia - there are picotins made with it. But the grain looks more like swift/gulliver. Stamps aren't always consistent. Older clemence sometimes had a brown stamp instead of gold/silver.