My new Sylvie and Dionysus & Princetown slippers in blooms!

Nankali

O.G.
Aug 30, 2009
IMG_3421.jpg This is a follow up to my previous "Help, which one(s) to choose!! thread, because I thought this might help others trying to find pics of these Gucci pieces.

Like some of you know I recently fell crazy in love with Gucci. I could have easily bought half of their web store but ended up picking few of the most desirable ones. There were three bags I loved most, but I couldn't justify myself buying all of them so I ordered all three and at the time of arrival one of them would go back to Italy.. I also wanted to have shoes and ended up with the Princetowns, the slippers seemed nice for the summer and I love the flower print! The Marmonts are classic and with the lower heel I could see myself wearing them a lot in the autumn. Of course they had to be in bright pink to be worn with jeans and crispy white shirt!

So today I got the UPS delivery with THREE BIG packeges!! :panic:
For my big surprise I made my decision for the bags as soon as I saw them live. Thank you so much everyone who gave wonderful advice and points of view on the first thread, they were very helpful!

First impressions,
the bags:
- The Dionysus Blooms in size medium. LOVE the print, the flowers and classic gucci print and the beautiful dark pink suede. The size is surprisingly big! I hesitated sending it back and trying one size smaller, but decided to keep it after all, because the overall look is very classic and with the metal strap it falls exactly right on the waist (or under arm with double strapped). This is my first bag with metal strap. I usually don't get excited about big metal parts or straps in a bag. And I always prefer leather over canvas. So it will have to be seen how I feel about this bag after a while.. Canvas is very stiff and sturdy and I can imagine this bag will hold it's shape for years to come. Inside of the bag has two compartments and in the middle a pocket with a zipper. There is also an extra pocket outside of the bag. Because of the stiffness of the material I don't think the bag will hold a lot of items, probably less than what you could imagine by looking the size of the bag.
Having used for many years only Hermes leather this is a new experiment for me but I have very very good vibes about this bag.

- The Sylvie in light blue. This is such an adorable bag! The light blue color is divine. And the classic Gucci stripes are always so chic. The leather is quite stiff so this neither holds a lot, I have a big wallet and iPhone 8, so this is not the most practical option for me. But I will keep it because it will be the cutest bag in my wardrobe! :love:

- The Marmont Jacquard in green. This is a gorgeous bag with stunning flower print and I LOVE the dark green color! But, like someone noted in my first thread, the textile bags are not for everyone. And I decided it would not be my cup of tea. The use for a bag like this is limited in cool and rainy Scandinavia with short summers. And again the size is surprisingly big! I know there is still one size bigger and it has to be HUGE. I could see myself buying this bag in smaller size (and half the price ;)). But for someone living in warmer climate this might be a lovely addition! Ps. the strap is long, IMO a bit too long for a bag this size (with me it would be bumping annoyingly on my hip when walking), but it can be double strapped (I couldn't try the option bc I didn't want to take the plastics away knowing it would be returned).

the shoes:

- Princetown bloom slippers in pink. These are stunning shoes! Absolutely beautiful to look at and you can see the quality of the craftmanship. Full of lovely details, even the inner soles are so pretty! They feel stiff on my foot bc of the canvas material but I hope they will get a bit softer with time.. I was surpassed to see that the size was perfect, for me it was my usual italian size (EU40). I had read this model would run half a size smaller, but for me this was just right. Lets see if these are cool enough for Italy next week!

- Marmont pumps in pink. These shoes are like candy! So comfortable to wear, with jeans, dresses and trousers/shorts, what ever you feel like. I will use these with jeans and a netutral trench, the lovely pink will be a pop of color in the outfit! But, I will have to return these and get half a size smaller. This model does run big. For me it means half a size down from my usual.

So, there was the review about my lovely new items, my very first Gucci pieces! I am very much thrilled to be part of the the Gucci "gang" and hope to be able to contribute this forum as much as I can in the future. Oh, and before I forget, here are few pics for you! :wave:
(Sorry they are not super exciting. I planned to take them in different outfits but they were shipped to my working place and wanted to return the bag and the shoes as soon as possible. That is why there is only one outfit in the picture. Especially the green jacquard doesn't show it's best in the pics..)

Ps. sorry for the rotten english and many typo errors, I wrote this so late at night and I am too tired to make perhaps much needed corrections :frown:)

Attachments

• IMG_3422.jpg
    IMG_3422.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 713
  • IMG_3423.jpg
    IMG_3423.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_3424.jpg
    IMG_3424.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 695
  • IMG_3425.jpg
    IMG_3425.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 713
  • IMG_3426.jpg
    IMG_3426.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 702
  • IMG_3427.jpg
    IMG_3427.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 708
  • IMG_3428.jpg
    IMG_3428.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 702
  • IMG_3429.jpg
    IMG_3429.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 709
  • IMG_3430.jpg
    IMG_3430.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 710
View attachment 3745936 This is a follow up to my previous "Help, which one(s) to choose!! thread, because I thought this might help others trying to find pics of these Gucci pieces.

Like some of you know I recently fell crazy in love with Gucci. I could have easily bought half of their web store but ended up picking few of the most desirable ones. There were three bags I loved most, but I couldn't justify myself buying all of them so I ordered all three and at the time of arrival one of them would go back to Italy.. I also wanted to have shoes and ended up with the Princetowns, the slippers seemed nice for the summer and I love the flower print! The Marmonts are classic and with the lower heel I could see myself wearing them a lot in the autumn. Of course they had to be in bright pink to be worn with jeans and crispy white shirt!

For my big surprise I made my decision for the bags as soon as I saw them live. Thank you so much everyone who gave wonderful advice and points of view on the first thread, they were very helpful!

First impressions,
the bags:
- The Dionysus Blooms in size medium. LOVE the print, the flowers and classic gucci print and the beautiful dark pink suede. The size is surprisingly big! I hesitated sending it back and trying one size smaller, but decided to keep it after all, because the overall look is very classic and with the metal strap it falls exactly right on the waist (or under arm with double strapped). This is my first bag with metal strap. I usually don't get excited about big metal parts or straps in a bag. And I always prefer leather over canvas. So it will have to be seen how I feel about this bag after a while.. Canvas is very stiff and sturdy and I can imagine this bag will hold it's shape for years to come. Inside of the bag has two compartments and in the middle a pocket with a zipper. There is also an extra pocket outside of the bag. Because of the stiffness of the material I don't think the bag will hold a lot of items, probably less than what you could imagine by looking the size of the bag.
Having used for many years only Hermes leather this is a new experiment for me but I have very very good vibes about this bag.

- The Sylvie in light blue. This is such an adorable bag! The light blue color is divine. And the classic Gucci stripes are always so chic. The leather is quite stiff so this neither holds a lot, I have a big wallet and iPhone 8, so this is not the most practical option for me. But I will keep it because it will be the cutest bag in my wardrobe! :love:

- The Marmont Jacquard in green. This is a gorgeous bag with stunning flower print and I LOVE the dark green color! But, like someone noted in my first thread, the textile bags are not for everyone. And I decided it would not be my cup of tea. The use for a bag like this is limited in cool and rainy Scandinavia with short summers. And again the size is surprisingly big! I know there is still one size bigger and it has to be HUGE. I could see myself buying this bag in smaller size (and half the price ;)). But for someone living in warmer climate this might be a lovely addition! Ps. the strap is long, IMO a bit too long for a bag this size (with me it would be bumping annoyingly on my hip when walking), but it can be double strapped (I couldn't try the option bc I didn't want to take the plastics away knowing it would be returned).

the shoes:

- Princetown bloom slippers in pink. These are stunning shoes! Absolutely beautiful to look at and you can see the quality of the craftmanship. Full of lovely details, even the inner soles are so pretty! They feel stiff on my foot bc of the canvas material but I hope they will get a bit softer with time.. I was surpassed to see that the size was perfect, for me it was my usual italian size (EU40). I had read this model would run half a size smaller, but for me this was just right. Lets see if these are cool enough for Italy next week!

- Marmont pumps in pink. These shoes are like candy! So comfortable to wear, with jeans, dresses and trousers/shorts, what ever you feel like. I will use these with jeans and a netutral trench, the lovely pink will be a pop of color in the outfit! But, I will have to return these and get half a size smaller. This model does run big. For me it means half a size down from my usual.

So, there was the review about my lovely new items, my very first Gucci pieces! I am very much thrilled to be part of the the Gucci "gang" and hope to be able to contribute this forum as much as I can in the future. Oh, and before I forget, here are few pics for you! :wave:
(Sorry they are not super exciting. I planned to take them in different outfits but they were shipped to my working place and wanted to return the bag and the shoes as soon as possible. That is why there is only one outfit in the picture. Especially the green jacquard doesn't show it's best in the pics..)

Ps. sorry for the rotten english and many typo errors, I wrote this so late at night and I am too tired to make perhaps much needed corrections :frown:)
More pics.. Sorry sorry for the HUGE size of them! I didn't know how to make them smaller..:blush:

Love Love love! i love the Princeton jacquard slippers. That is next on my list. just invested in an Elton bag.

View attachment 3745936 This is a follow up to my previous "Help, which one(s) to choose!! thread, because I thought this might help others trying to find pics of these Gucci pieces.

First impressions,
the bags:

the shoes:

On the Princeton bloom slippers in pink, can you take a picture of the serial number? I bought one in ebay and it's supposed to be authentic, but I'm questioning it mainly because of the serial number (see picture). I thought they're supposed to be stamped, rather than "printed" and doesn't have the extra 3 numbers after the size.

Attachments

• IMG_2777.JPG
    IMG_2777.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 461
IMG_4057.JPG
On the Princeton bloom slippers in pink, can you take a picture of the serial number? I bought one in ebay and it's supposed to be authentic, but I'm questioning it mainly because of the serial number (see picture). I thought they're supposed to be stamped, rather than "printed" and doesn't have the extra 3 numbers after the size.

Dear eleanorrom, here is the picture! I wouldn't worry, looks exactly the same. And there are same numbers after the size. Enjoy your beautiful slippers!!

Thanks for taking the time to upload all the pics,congrats on your new purchases.I myself am considering the gucci marmont pumps.Please post a pic wearing the pumps with jeans when you can.