My new speedy STINKS!

sellmecandies

Sep 1, 2013
Hi all, purchased my speedy b mono over the weekend.. And it smells so bad! It is not the usual smell.. A plastic / chemical smell. Is this normal ? Or should I go back and get an exchange ?

I'm so glad you posted this! I thought it was just me. I now think it's the new "less crackable" canvas.

Bought a wallet and loaded it up and kept smelling something and finally realized it was my wallet!!! So bummed about it because my return/exchange time is gone :sad:

My new Pochette Métis smelt like a plastic/chemical smell. It did get fainter and fainter though. I can still kind of smell it in the interior slightly. A couple of others have complained about the PM smelling the same.

Makes sense that if they changed the chemical to make the canvas less crackable it might smell different. I haven't been in LV for a while and the items I do have didn't smell even when they were new. But I have had other brands of coated canvas (that had a softer feel than LV's) items that smelled. Particularly a Kathy van Zeeland that gave me a headache every time I opened the drawer it was in! And a Guess wallet that smelled like fish (but it was leather, I think it was some oil used in curing the leather).