My new Rouge Cardinal Hip - ok or exchange?

longchamper

Dec 30, 2009
Here is a not very good photo of my new GGH Hip in Rouge Cardinal. I absolutely love the colour, I find it a true red (the picture does not represent the colour correctly). My only concern is that the bag has some sort of folding lines across the bag - one on the front above the zipper line and one on the back in the same place. On the back, there is also a very prominent leather wrinkle. I can exchange it but since it is a large online retailer with separate units for storage and customer service, they cannot inspect the exchange bag either. What do you think - big enough flaws to exchange (with the risk that the replacement item won't be perfect either) or are these minor flaws that only I am seeing and that will disapear with wear? I hope the photos go through...

image.jpg

+1 on keeping it. I agree that the fold will most likely disappear over use, plus it's on the back side of the bag, so it won't even be that noticeable while it's still there.

It's your choice though, so if it really bothers you, then you should return it - but as sodapop21 mentioned, you might get another imperfect bag.

Good luck!

Thanks, guys. Are you sure this will go away with use, since the Hip won't be carrying heavy things anyway?

I now also managed to post the front of the bag. The wrinkle across the bag is not as prominent as on the back and not as apparent on the photo but still... If you look above the zipper and right below the curvy part, there is a line running across the bag.

I think you may be right and I am overthinking it. After all, the bag is absolutely gorgeous in real life - in fact perfect apart from these wrinkles and a bit dry leather of course.

image.jpg

I am picky too! What you are seeing now will go away with use; I am 99.9% sure. I like the distressing on your bag, and I would consider it fortunate that you received the one you did. It is going to break in great. Don't give those lines a second thought!

Thank you all! I am keeping it afterall with your encouragement. I gave the bag a good conditioning with moisturizing leather cream and it is looking just beautiful. I think the lines are due to thin leather and the structural enforcements inside. I hope the lines will disappear in time with wear and moisturizing. Thanks again!