My new Rogue, and incomplete keybell?

faintlymacabre

O.G.
Mar 30, 2007
I brought home this beauty yesterday, and love it so much! I added the leather tea rose charm for now, but might spring for a Rexy later.

IMG_20170128_132821.jpg

I did notice that my keybell was kind of misshapen though. Is this normal?

IMG_20170128_134123.jpg

It's also empty. Is there supposed to be a key ring inside?

IMG_20170128_134216.jpg

Should I go back to the store and ask for a new keybell?

Anyway, here's a shot of my few glovetanned items together. [emoji4] I'm sure more items will keep trickling in over time.

IMG_20170128_132920.jpg

Love it! I would never have thought to put the black tearose charm on a black bag but its super cool looking! Can't answer your question re: the key as I always take mine off & never look inside. I'm away from my Rogue now or I'd check. I'm sure someone will answer. Congrats & enjoy!

Beautiful bag! The keyhood looks wonky to me. Mine don't have the bump like yours does but they do "flare" towards the closure to have enough room to accommodate the key. Yours looks like it may have been wrapped and shipped improperly and you can probably soften it up with your fingers and it will eventually go back into shape.
Enjoy your new bag!

Beautiful bag! The keyhood looks wonky to me. Mine don't have the bump like yours does but they do "flare" towards the closure to have enough room to accommodate the key. Yours looks like it may have been wrapped and shipped improperly and you can probably soften it up with your fingers and it will eventually go back into shape.
Enjoy your new bag!
So there is supposed to be a key inside?

I brought home this beauty yesterday, and love it so much! I added the leather tea rose charm for now, but might spring for a Rexy later.

View attachment 3588604

I did notice that my keybell was kind of misshapen though. Is this normal?

View attachment 3588609

It's also empty. Is there supposed to be a key ring inside?

View attachment 3588613

Should I go back to the store and ask for a new keybell?

Anyway, here's a shot of my few glovetanned items together. [emoji4] I'm sure more items will keep trickling in over time.

View attachment 3588617

Lot of yumminess there! [emoji173]

Maybe it's because yours is a second generation and doesn't have the lock? So the keyhood is just decorative and because there isn't a key in there it got "smooshed" to use a technical term haha.

It's entirely empty... I stuck my finger all the way in.
I forgot to quote you earlier but since it's a second generation and didn't come with a key, I would stuff a tiny bit of tissue paper in there to help re-shape it and just leave the paper in there so it holds the shape once it recovers.

Maybe it's because yours is a second generation and doesn't have the lock? So the keyhood is just decorative and because there isn't a key in there it got "smooshed" to use a technical term haha.

Yep, this is probably exactly what happened. The second generation Rogues don't have the key or lock. I have the same black Rogue and mine also doesn't have a key. Mine actually came with a little foam thing stuffed in there in order to keep shape. Maybe just put a little tissue or foam in there and leave it.

IMG_2914.JPG
Yep, this is probably exactly what happened. The second generation Rogues don't have the key or lock. I have the same black Rogue and mine also doesn't have a key. Mine actually came with a little foam thing stuffed in there in order to keep shape. Maybe just put a little tissue or foam in there and leave it.
My Felix Rogue has a small ring to attach a key. Does yours have that at least?