My New Ring!!

chinadoll724

Sep 28, 2006
Nooooooo! I'd just typed it out when I accidently hit the back button so here it goes again:

My ring's finally back from sizing and I love it :smile: It's 3 baguette diamonds (.3ctw) and 5 ceylon sapphires (2.5mm each) in platinum and it was a whopping 83% off! We'd been eyeing it on clearance for a while, so we snatched it up during the Friends and Family sale.

It replaces my first promise ring from 4 years ago which was 12 channel set rb diamonds in 14k wg so this is quite an upgrade. Both times, it seems like it was meant to be though :smile: The first time, we were about to buy one that was $149+ 20 for sizing (a lot for a poor freshman college student) when we decided to look one more time at the clearance section in a store across the aisle when in the middle of these huge yellow gold pieces, was a dainty white gold ring that had been bought, sized, and never picked up. It was a size 5 7/8 and marked down from $300 to $58 . . . . so it was so perfect! It was in my exact size, and the channel setting meant i didn't have to take it off for playing sports or really, anything else for fear i'd hurt the ring.

Time for pictures! I'll try to get my bf to retake these during the day and try to get better close ups. So far, the ones that show the color of the sapphires are blurry and the ones that aren't blurry are yellowish and dark.

Thank you everyone :smile: I never liked baugettes before, but this just . . . worked. I keep looking at it every time it catches the light! We're planning on using it as a wedding band so it "doesn't go to waste" since we're getting engaged soon, but now I want a Sapphire e-ring while the bf wants to stay with diamond. He did say maybe in 5 years, he'll get me another (sapphire) "e-ring" so I can pick which to wear though :P 2 rings. Sounds like a good solution to me.