My new Purse from NY store

Very nice! Will you be wearing it on your shoulder, as in the photo do you think? (I ask because I have one in gray and I think it's a little tight that way for my taste). Pnay--or anyone--Is the balenciaga olive a darker olive or a lighter one? It's difficult to tell from the atelier swatches...

Kat...its beautiful and the leather looks perfect! Congratulations!

Can you please describe the rust...was it like the pumpkin orange color from 2004?

susan-eric said:
Very nice! Will you be wearing it on your shoulder, as in the photo do you think? (I ask because I have one in gray and I think it's a little tight that way for my taste). Pnay--or anyone--Is the balenciaga olive a darker olive or a lighter one? It's difficult to tell from the atelier swatches...
I bought it with the intention of wearing it on my shoulder because I have two Twiggys and one City that I carry as satchels.

varsha624 said:
what's the measurement of the drop on this bag, btw, does anyone know? Is it only a shoulder bag for those with very skinny arms?
The SA told me that with wear the leather handles will soften and it will "drop" a little. I don't find it too tight. I was even able to put it on my shoulder with my coat on. I did take a pic of it holding it like a satchel. Here it is to give you an idea of how it looks carried as a satchel.

smallfry said:
Kat...its beautiful and the leather looks perfect! Congratulations!

Can you please describe the rust...was it like the pumpkin orange color from 2004?

I'm not sure what the pumpkin orange color looked like. I will look it up and let you know. I will tell you this .... I was told it would be an orangy-red. However, I personally did not see any red in it. To me it was definitely a rust or burnt orange color. It was very pretty but I would not say it was in the red family. It was in the orange family.

smallfry said:
Kat

its more red than the pumpkin, more like a tiger lily, or autumn leaves, but the leather is... funny. Its not bad though, it is shiny, but not like the shiny from before with the flakey, galzed donut look. more like thin and shiny and little stiffer (but still soft just not smooshy), with marbleing and distressed folds all over. both the rusts I saw were pretty opaque, with even color, not like last season's grey, which is so multi-dimensional.

i'd consider it right inbetween red and orange, very vivid and bright (not neon like the magenta though)

BalenciagaLove said:
Kat - It's lovely! I have yet to see a purse in rl. How do you like it? It definitely looks bigger than I thought it would be!
I love it as a shoulder bag. It is really not that big. I'm petite (5'1"). Most bags tend to look larger on me. :shame: