My new popincourt--another failure

Most of the time, I really think long and hard on a bag before I purchase it. But sometimes, something catches your eye and you just have to have it! It's like love at first sight and you get butterflies in your stomach!:tender: So I would say I think through alot of my purchases and impulse buy a few!

Take time to think of how and when you'd use your new purchase and if it is really your style. Is it something you'd feel comfortable using or would you be afraid to use it? If I can't see myself using it regularly or at least twice a month for evening bags, I don't get it.

Also, I suggest actually putting the stuff from your purse into the bag at the store and seeing how everything you normally carry fits inside the bag. Then try it on. This is a good way to see if it holds all your essentials comfortably.

i've had one regrettable purchase (never used it). plus, i personally am embarassed to return anything. so i put TONS and TONS of thought into my purchases. i probably obsess for weeks while saving up. i also try it on and see if it it'll fit my essentials before i buy.

:P move to Alaska where the nearest LV store is 1500 miles away!

The three in my signature took a while to decide over, but that's because I had not seen- ever - them in person and couldn't picture them in my arms..........

but "a while" to me is like 3 weeks..................:shrugs:

this :heart: Beverly XXL:heart: though................gee whiz it's gonna be summer before I can buy her---- and what if they run out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arg.

I obssess, and then imagine, and then buy. ;)

Sure hope lv didnt return that popincourt for you. I'd be upset to get a bag someone used for a night..:wtf:

Otherwise perhaps buying used :yes: would work for you. You seem to have more remorse regarding the amount of money you're spending then anything imo.

So I have severe buyer's remorse, and I'm also very much an impulse shopper--but I always return the stuff later, thereby wasting lots of gas and time. Anyway, a few weeks ago I treated myself on my birthday to a damier speedy 25 and a pomme cles. i also got a MC cles. Returned all that.

This weekend I was in philly and bought a popincourt b/c I really need a smaller evening bag. It's plenty big enough for my needs but I don't know....after carrying it for one night I was like....not so much.

How much thought do you guys put into your bags before you buy them? I know that some people REALLY think about it and others just BUY it..but for those who really think about it, how do you know it's the right one for you?

I was thinking "gosh for $795 I could've gotten a bigger bag or accessories or a pochette and some other stuff..." etc etc.....I need help figuring out how to buy a bag and not return it, basically.

I research and research and research and then I go to the boutique and try it on. If I fall in love with it after trying it on then I buy it. If it doesn't wow me then I pass.

The one thing that I MUST say is that I think it's REALLY important to try on a bag BEFORE buying it. I've found that certain bags I think I'm in love with I don't like half as much once I try them on....and then others that I wasn't so crazy about totally wow me when I try them on.

hmmm...I'm an impulse buyer and impatient. I think and think and think I want it...then when I'm ready to buy, I buy something else (happened a couple times now)..but I have no regrets...I looove what i buy.

I'm not sure if you're the kind of person who's a shop-n-go, meaning... you like, you buy...you don't try on kwim? perhaps next time youre in a boutique to try on the bag or accessory..and think, Can I use this for work/school? Can i use this for a weekend? for a night out? Will this last me a longtime?!

Also, some people think about what they NEED before making a selection...like I need a school bag to fit laptop, books, lunch and daily essentials --> choices: LH, Cabas Mezzo, BH etc...then I narrow it down by a process of elimination...Mezzo too plain, BH too small..LH me LOOOVE...LOL..like that

I dunno..hope that helps you next time!

I agree! good pointers jill!:yes:

So what ever happened with the popincourt... ?

So I have severe buyer's remorse, and I'm also very much an impulse shopper--but I always return the stuff later, thereby wasting lots of gas and time. Anyway, a few weeks ago I treated myself on my birthday to a damier speedy 25 and a pomme cles. i also got a MC cles. Returned all that.

This weekend I was in philly and bought a popincourt b/c I really need a smaller evening bag. It's plenty big enough for my needs but I don't know....after carrying it for one night I was like....not so much.

How much thought do you guys put into your bags before you buy them? I know that some people REALLY think about it and others just BUY it..but for those who really think about it, how do you know it's the right one for you?

I was thinking "gosh for $795 I could've gotten a bigger bag or accessories or a pochette and some other stuff..." etc etc.....I need help figuring out how to buy a bag and not return it, basically.

i think its easy to be impulsive with smaller things, but I always have to think out my $500+ purchases...and save up to make them...so i have plenty of time! it's easy to overthink it too, and over analyze the situation. in the end, its only a bag, more money will come around soon...every bag can't be perfect for all occasions ;)

I obsess and it drives my Mom crazy. She is impulsive and has returned two bags (Damier Pap and MC Lodge) because she didn't think it through AND didn't listen to me (Had she listened to me when she got the Damier Pap and gotten the BH instead....well the BH is her most used bag.)

For two weeks I have been in the Coach boutique five times trying to decide if I really really like the turquoise Ergo bag.

I have been trying the Azur Saleya PM each time I'm in LV too.

So yeah, I obsess.

i am definitely not an impulse buyer and research till the wee hours of the morning on the style that i like. THEN after a few days of seeing if i am still thinking about that bag or those bags, i go to the store and try them out. i put all my stuff from my purse into the new bag and see how it feels, looks, works out. there's a whole process of elimination at that point and hence, less wasted time in returning or buyer's remorse. nothing more sad than having to go back and return things that didnt really "click" in the end. good luck!!

I do the same thing!!! Of course, I want to buy everything at once, but I don't. But, I check out the bag at the store, try my stuff inside of it...and then wait a little bit before buying it. I've only returned a few things but it was a few years ago. Now, when I buy something at LV, it's a keeper!! :yes:

P.S. When I have returned an item to LV, it was never used outside of the home. I just tried it at home, thought about it, and then returned it within a FEW days of the purchase date. That's also why I don't like to cut up the plastic on the handles (my SA will leave it on for me) because I don't want to mess up the bag in any way in case I decide to return it. Just thought I'd clarify my "return" policy.

I am an impulse buyer with everything BUT LV. Just too expensive for me to just buy on impulse. I gave a lot of thought to my speedy and am giving a lot of thought towards my next purchase too. I DID impulse buy on my first LV purchase though - I was a LV virgin and had no clue what I was doing and bought the popincourt haut. Nice bag but wasn't my type I guess. I gave it to my mother and since then I am very methodical about the bags I buy. Like I said....too much money to just blow.

That was nice that you gave the the Popincourt Haut to your mom!! (At least you can borrow it!)