My NEW Patent WOC Smells

chloebagfreak

Need Sunny Days
O.G.
Jul 4, 2007
I just received my Gorgeous Black Patent Woc,
but it smells like strong chemicals:sad:
It was sent from Neimans and SA said it wasn't out on the floor.

Is this common when they stay packed up?
I'm used to the nice Balenciaga leather smell.
Any thoughts?

Thx so much:smile:

I have noticed that patent smells sometimes . . . but usually once it airs out it's fine.

Are you going to change from "Balenciaga Freak now" to "Chanel Freak now"? haha I am a Balenciaga girl gone over to Chanel too!

Good Luck with your WOC, those are so insanely sexy!

Hi BoHOChic! I was reading your saga about the Maxi:smile: I Love the pics!
I love Bals still but was really wanting a Jumbo and decided on this WOC when I got the photo and got heart palpitations!!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who smelled it! I am trying to air it out for a couple of days.
Thx:smile:

I believe the smell is from the plastic coating on the bag...all my patent bags had this smell. Its does take a while to air out...my LV vernis pieces still have this smell.

PRO-Thank you, Thank you!
I just wanted a logical reason for it:hugs:

So they coat the leather with plastic to make patent??
Interesting.
I was going to get an LV Vernis wallet in Pommier, but now I will have to think on it.

My Chanel White Patent Leather Flap actually did not smell but I believe its because of the leather lined interior and double flap (its a m/l).

The LV vernis pieces have a very strong smell tho and this smell has not worn off any of them. My oldest piece was from 03 and it still had the smell when I sold it!

Babyontheway: Did you use any leather cleaner/conditioner on your bag? I have read that some cleaners/conditioners may cause the bag to smell burnt (some sort of chemical reaction).

Last edited:
I love the smell on my new brilliant red woc... it smells very strongly of leather, THAT Chanel leather smell we all love, lol.
Seriously though, i have caught myself holding it up and taking a sniff! But i think what im smelling is the lambskin lining... i dont notice any plasticky or chemical-y smells...