My new OS oak Alexa, am I being too picky??

juliewoo

Oct 11, 2009
Well, I finally got my Alexa ordered online from mulberry. I think whilst opening I was thinking "lets see what's wrong with this one".

I thought the leather was a little thin on the side, and a bit wrinkled on the back. Also the plaited handle is a bit wonkey.

Having looked at other pics, I've come to realise that the leather on my one isn't too bad after all, it's just it's a different leather to what I've got already.

Anyway here she is, with a close up of the handle. Can other alexa owners tell me if their handle is like this? I must admit to the pickyness, as when I got my daria I never once inspected the plait to see if it was even!!!!

ooops it doesn't seem to have attached the photos, I went through & it said it had attached them........

any ideas?

xxxxx

No idea re security password, sorry. It has never prompted me for that. I have major issues with my signature on here, each time I try to add to it, it won't let me (often takes 30 attempts and I gave up last time I tried to do it!). Think there are some technical bugs on the site, lol xx

My plaited handle is a little wonky too, and the rivet next to it is a little bashed. However whatever bag I get I tend to look too hard at and ALWAYS find something wrong. When I first bought the bag back in January I did obess a bit about it, now it gives my bag character.

I tend to be of the opinion that it was fate that me and the bag were brought together and unless there is something seriously wrong then we stay together!

i think these alexas were hyped up and there was also a lot of bad reviews. i know when i got mine i to automatically though oh i wonder if this is wrong and this and that. the more i used mine the more i loved it!

Hope this works!!

P1000038.jpg

P1000039.jpg

P1000041.jpg

P1000044.jpg

xxxxxx

I think it looks gorgeous :love: congratulations!! Plaiting leather is never going to create an absolutely perfect line, I dont think there is anything wrong with that at all!

It is lovely! I don't think that anyone will notice the handle tbh. I suppose the question is whether it will 'bug' you and slightly spoil your enjoyment of the bag iykwim? It is hard knowing what to do when if you return it you might have to wait a fair while for a replacement.

Looks gorgeous, my handle is a little similar to that. You will find yourself too busy thinking about how great you look carrying the bag to worry about a little wonkiness. ;)

And as IWANB says you may have to wait a long time for a replacement - which may also have a wonky handle or something else slightly off about it.

Ah, so I was being too picky!! you don't think it looks too wrinkled on the back & side?

I can live with the plait, I think it's a lovely bag, so much so, I ordered a black one this morning......... just to compare with the oak you see :blush: obv can only keep one.

It looks lovely with corries boots ( I always call them that!!! ) here's a pic, but the colour's not quite correct, it really is a perfect match :nuts:

P1000045.jpg