My New MJ!

afsweet

O.G.
Aug 7, 2008
i ordered the MJ large single from bloomingdales during the F&F and finally got it today! the only thing is that i ordered black and i received purple! i'm not sure if i should be happy or mad...but i'm definitely surprised!

another thing is that i ordered the older style http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3068456...yword=marc+jacobs+single&origin=searchresults but received the newer one http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3078670...yword=marc+jacobs+single&origin=searchresults

should i be concerned about the snake embossed leather? is it going to wear faster than just smooth leather? i love the style of the bag, but i don't know if the snake embossed leather needs to be babied more!

congrats on your first mj steph! i wouldn't be very happy about getting something very different from what i ordered - did you try calling them to have them send the right item?

:flowers:

^thanks! i'm still wondering if it's worth calling CS about. i like the color and the look- it's just not what i ordered :P if the snake embossed leather will wear badly and require too much babying, then i'd definitely try to get my original order.

i don't know much about the embossed leather, but since it's not actually python, i think it will be okay. i'm sure someone who has an embossed bag will let you know soon.

:smile:

i'm astonished at what they sent you since it doesn't seem to be what you ordered at all. i own a python embossed wallet, and it's very durable. i'd venture to say that it's more durable than the quilted lambskin, which can be prone to scratches if you're not at least a bit careful with it. some ladies have even had issues with corner wear. although i have to say that i also own a quilted single, and have not experienced either of those problems.

thanks ladies.

tadpole- that makes me feel better! i thought it would be more delicate than quilted leather.

i think i'll keep the bag and not shop online at bloomingdales unless i have to :P i'll post pics tomorrow of my new *purple* bag!

Aw geez, that kind of sucks to not get what you ordered, but at least you like it! I took a look at the link for your single and I actually like it (I thought I wouldn't), but if I had to choose between the usual quilted single and this, I'm not sure I'd be able to choose :amuse:

Please post some pictures soon, as I'd love to see this bag in action!

Congrats on your new MJ! I can't wait to see your modeling pictures!

Honestly, I'm not surprised about Bloomies. I ordered two shirts from the online site last month and received two pairs of jeans instead. I won't go into the details, but they continued to send me the wrong items (even duplicates). I definitely gave CS a piece of my mind and I normally don't like confrontation.

Aw geez, that kind of sucks to not get what you ordered, but at least you like it! I took a look at the link for your single and I actually like it (I thought I wouldn't), but if I had to choose between the usual quilted single and this, I'm not sure I'd be able to choose :amuse:

Please post some pictures soon, as I'd love to see this bag in action!

When I first read this I thought you were addressing me :P

sorry that you didn't get the style OR color you ordered! Personally (as an owner of a large black single), I much prefer the smooth leather to the embossed. Aside from individual preference, though, I'm sure everyone will agree that they are significantly different in look and feel, so be sure to get the one you want!

The snake embossed leather is amazingly durable - -I am a huge fan of it and think it is one of the most killer bag materials that exists at the moment! I have nothing bad to say about it at all!!! Congrats on your new bag - - even if it isn't the one you ordered! lol

That's annoying that they both made mistakes in shipping out your item, but I think you ended up with some sweet bags! Neither are the regular black single, but the purple is gorgeous and the snake embossed is a nice change from regular black. Are you going to keep both? I think I would!

i'm astonished at what they sent you since it doesn't seem to be what you ordered at all. i own a python embossed wallet, and it's very durable. i'd venture to say that it's more durable than the quilted lambskin, which can be prone to scratches if you're not at least a bit careful with it. some ladies have even had issues with corner wear. although i have to say that i also own a quilted single, and have not experienced either of those problems.
i agree. i prefer the embossed snakeskin to the smooth lamb.