My new magenta first...I think it's too small

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Well, here I go again...I'm wanting to kick myself or just cry right now. I waited SO long to get a magenta & a new one at that. I get it out last night to carry it & my things won't fit! Well, I have to say they fit but everything is wedged in like a sardine can. What to do? I'm so bummed, I've never had a first before but snatched it up because, well, it was a MAGENTA but it's just a little smaller than what I like. Should I keep it, sell it, get rid of some stuff I carry, what to do? Help me with your wisdom!

2. Ohhh that's so sad! I would say maybe minimize some of the things you
    carry when you use the first. I have a special smaller cosmetics bag
    for my first, a smaller brush etc. It seems to work much better, when
    I put my large size items in the first they are too squished for me as well. The first is so cute, especially in Magenta, I would definitely try
    and keep it.

3. Oh, acegirl, I'm sorry about this...I know how much you wanted a magenta. How much stuff do you usually carry? If you tend to carry a lot of things everyday, then I think you should sell it and find one in a bigger style - either a city or twiggy. :smile:

4. i guess its what you get used to. i tried to take my 04 blue city on the plane recently, and had to change to a work size bc i have been using my weekenders as day bags lately...i dont like my bags to look overstuffed . magenta is a great color, give it a chance as an evening only bag.:smile:

5. Thanks girls..I do tend to carry alot because of my kids. Wait, that's it! I'll just get rid of the kids! No, just kidding..Love my boys:love: Anyway, I think it might be a good idea to try some smaller things like Chloe suggested. I know I can get "trial size" of alot of things I have. If that doesn't work, then yes, I will probably sell & continue the search:sad: Baaah!

6. acegirl -- ugh! but still better than that twiggy.

i would try and get rid of some stuff you carry or, as chassurewhore suggested, try it as a an evening bag. if neither works, then maybe you can sell it on the MP.

7. I went through the SAME thing when I got my Mustard First. I realized that I really needed to pare down what I carry, and 'lo and behold, everything fit okay. Yeah, sometimes I *try* to put more stuff into it and it looks like a stuffed sausage, but most of the times I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I can fit into it! I'm planning on taking one of the First bags on holiday, so that I will FORCE myself to carry less (and therefore, won't have to take Ibuprofen every 4 hours to kill the pain in my shoulder!).

I say KEEP it ...

8. Yes, I could reserve it as an evening out bag (that would mean I would carry it once every 30 -60 days, I'm sad- we don't get out much! LOL)

But you're right, good idea.. I'm feeling better about it now:biggrin:

9. LOL on the kids! But, really, I think Magenta is beautiful esp in the First! Try minimizing what you carry and if it's still a tight fit, maybe only use it when you go out to parties, dinners, etc. It's such a pretty color to let go of!

10. and the bag is a classic, when the boys get older, maybe you can use it once per week?:biggrin: as fas as i am concerned, bals bags are timeless. they do not go out of style and will get even cooler when the fake hype passes. and magenta is magenta.:heart:

11. OK, I'll keep it.. It will be my "special bag". thanks all:flowers: You're right, I can't part with it so soon.

12. so sorry acegirl.. but if it is not the bag that u want.. as well as the size u want, I say sell or return it back.. I have so many small bags, n I really like bigger bags so right now, they r sitting in my closet but I know I will use them later.... but definitely, if u r not gonna use it often, I say sell or return... however, if u think it has a sentimental value, then keep the bag as well..

13. Happy to hear you are going to keep it. For me, the First is one of the bigger bags that I carry. I only take with me what I'm going to need for the day.

14. goody, i'm so happy you're keeping it acegirl, you'll find a use for it :yes:

15. I have the same with my cornflower first so I'm not taking all of my stuff when I carry her and I keep it as a special occasion bag. I'm glad that you keep it!! Congrats and I hope you'll love it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice