My new LV Speedy has several flaws...can a bag be defective???

trumanfinn

O.G.
Jul 31, 2009
I noticed right away that the heat stamp on my new LV Speedy 30 is off. It's very deep and dark on the left (The Loui...) and gets lighter and lighter the farther it goes. The "n" at the end of Vuitton is barely stamped in at all.

That bothered me, but I can deal...

Then I noticed that the leather zipper pull is crooked- it's at about a 15 degree angle.

Again, I can deal...

Today I was sitting in the hospital waiting room and noticed from several feet away that the monogram canvas is CROOKED!!!! It sloped uphill from left to right!!!! It's about 1/4 inch off!

Seriously, if I was inspecting this bag for authenticity, I would probably think it's fake between the uneven heat stamp, crooked canvas and angled zipper pull.

I've only owned it for a month, and purchased it from a LV store...but I've carried it every day, and it definitely has signs of wear.

Will they still take it back? My husband thinks that the SA slipped me a fake..lol....

I've always bought pre-loved LVs, and this was a BIG splurge for me- I really would like it to be perfect. I didn't even think to inspect it for imperfections when I got it, because I assumed that it would be perfect!

Also, I have heard that the made in the USA products have little flaws, but this one is made in France.

What do you think I should do?

Hm, I see what you mean only because you pointed them out. I'm probably not very perceptive, because I probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

Now I'm going to have to inspect my own!

Ummm NO!!! Zipper pull could be crooked from you using the bag... If you're only noticing it now...
I've only owned it for a month, and purchased it from a LV store...but I've carried it every day, and it definitely has signs of wear.

Will they still take it back? My husband thinks that the SA slipped me a fake..lol....

Yes, but I've only had it for about 3 1/2 weeks. I noticed it when it was about a week old, but like I said, I overlooked it until I saw the crooked canvas. THAT is bugging the heck out of me for some reason...:shucks:

oh my god! *running to inspect mine now...*

... I just looked mine over and the canvas is perfectly straight and the zipper pull aswel. I just got my very first speedy too - If I was you, I would be heartbroken and march right back to the boutique!!!

Last edited:
Mine is about 6 years old and is straight, I would take it back and discuss this with the SA, have her compare it to another bag to see what you are talking about, hopefully they will give you a new bag....

If you are unhappy with the bag, then it won't hurt to take it to LV to have it looked at. The worst that could happen is that they will say that they can't help you.