My new LP just got here & I was so excited until I opened the box. Please look.

starkfan

O.G.
Jan 18, 2009
I'm not sure about the fingerprint, but there's definitely some kind of eraser or scuff mark on the back. :s So sorry that your bag turned out like this... I'd definitely contact LP to ask for an exchange, though.

berta

mom2 12paws
O.G.
Oct 6, 2007
So. Florida
Thanks, I was wondering if I was being picky. I even sent the pictures to my husband at work and he told me to return it.

I am so crushed. If it were something that you could not see unless you went looking for it, I would be okay with it, but these are smack in your face. The color of this bag is so beautiful you want to look at it, but these fingerprints are calling out "look at me" even louder.

I emailed and called LP when I received it, but no reply yet. I am sure LP will be able to fix this. Well I am certainly hoping they will.

Attachments

LulaMaeBarnes

Jul 4, 2008
US
I don't' see the finger prints and if they do have any, can't you get them out somehow?

The scuff mark is a turn off, i would try to exchange it.

gruvengirl

Oct 8, 2008
It sucks you received your bag in this condition.

But if it were me, I wouldn't worry too much about it. My purses go out once and they usually come back with a small mark or scratch somewhere. Even when I'm being super careful.

A new (perfect) bag is great and if LP will exchange it, wonderful! If not, it's not the end of the world.... you know? It's only a matter of a few days /weeks and you will notice some small imperfection that haphazardly appears out of nowhere.

So for all the sweat and effort in getting them to exchange this one for a newer, perfect bag the next one will only be "brand new" until the first time you take it out. :smile:

cafire

is shredding up!!
Dec 30, 2006
NorCal
^^That's true about it only being new once, but I'd rather personally be the one scuffing up my bag then have it come to me 'brand new' looking that way. :yes:

The fingerprints might come out, but the light patch on the back...doesn't look like it.

Mar 7, 2007
Ohio
I would return the bag and insist on a new one - with no flaws! If you keep this one, you will probably never be really happy with it. What a pretty color!

sep

Live-Luv-Shop-Repeat
Nov 19, 2007
I would exchanger it for a perfect one... I wouldn't want to see my own finger prints on my bag... much less someone else's... Beautiful color though!

No Cute

cupcake butt
Aug 17, 2008
Email or call Dani, who does the CS. She's very nice and takes care of things. Email response isn't always speedy, but it always happens. d

The fingernail ding wouldn't bother me, but if it bothers you, that's enough, imo. It's the white scuff that gets me. Have you tried rubbing it out with your finger? Stormy Heart is also very helpful in the Feed and Care of your LP thread in the subforum. The turquoise is a hot color and I don't know if it's available, so if they couldn't exchange, I'd keep the bag and try to fix it. Tarragamo dye is suggested to "fix" or dye bags, so I'd do that if the turquoise isn't availabe for exchange.

Good luck, and so sorry the bag arrived as it did.

Mule

Will work for bags!
O.G.
Feb 13, 2008
Land of potatoes...
If it were a sold out bag and I couldn't get a replacement, I might consider keeping it. But since they still have some I don't see any reason why they couldn't exchange it for a new one with no flaws.

Sorry that happened -- I know it's a huge disappointment when you're looking forward to something and it ends up being not quite right.

berta

mom2 12paws
O.G.
Oct 6, 2007
So. Florida
It's Monday! Yeah I can call LP and see what they can do to replace my bag. It has been a really looooooooong weekend.

Thanks for the support. I am sure that all will be just hunkydoory. I am crossing my fingers that they will answer the phone today.