my new Longcamp Gatsby

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I saw this yesterday and couldn't resist the terracotta color and the soft lightweight leather. This is my first Longchamp and I'm not really up on the brand or what's popular. What do you all think? I guess this is a past season bag. Would you say it's a timeless style? My picture isn't great but hopefully you're familiar.
Thanks.

sorry for type in heading - SB Longchamp

Attachments

• longchamp.jpg
    longchamp.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
It's beautiful! I am more into their leather bags and use the nylon ones for travel only. Congratulations - it is used I guess? Looks to be in perfect condition :smile:

I have never seen this bag in person, though I like it from your photo.
I have a few leather Longchamps and they are some of my favorites. Le cuir, Veau foulonne, 4x4…good quality and not too heavy.

It's beautiful! I am more into their leather bags and use the nylon ones for travel only. Congratulations - it is used I guess? Looks to be in perfect condition :smile:
thank you
It's brand new. I got it at Off 5th for what seemed like a good price; however the newer leather ones in the stores now are priced substantially lower than what the "compare at" for this bag was.

I was wondering if Longchamp, like some other brands, may have lowered their pricing/quality?

thank you
It's brand new. I got it at Off 5th for what seemed like a good price; however the newer leather ones in the stores now are priced substantially lower than what the "compare at" for this bag was.

I was wondering if Longchamp, like some other brands, may have lowered their pricing/quality?

As far as I can tell from my bags the quality of the leather bags has stayed the same for the past years. They really hold up well. Enjoy your lovely bag!

I have only noticed price increases….I don't know about the site you ordered from, but I have seen Longchamp 'original' prices on other websites inflated. Like yoox right now has a small pliage cuir originally priced at 600 something dollars. LC's price was $480, and last year was $430 I think.

I have only noticed price increases….I don't know about the site you ordered from, but I have seen Longchamp 'original' prices on other websites inflated. Like yoox right now has a small pliage cuir originally priced at 600 something dollars. LC's price was $480, and last year was $430 I think.
I got my bag in a BNM store - Off 5th. The "compare at" was $965. Bloomingdales has leather Longchamp bags (different style from mine, current season, not on sale) for $590 for a satchel and $490 for a tote.
I know Rebecca Minkoff has reduced the price and quality on some bags. I was wondering if Longchamp did this. Or maybe the compare at price on mine was incorrect.

It's hard for me to see LC lowering their quality...maybe they've just lowered the prices of older designs? Gatsby bags are nice and simplistic as are most of LC designs, I've been looking at the G Sport messenger for a while now. I like the colors and leathers they make Gatsby in. I do have to think about what to do with my LC VF which isn't getting enough use first, though. Love it but it's a bit too small for my needs... :shrugs: