my new lady dior-2012 early spring color

i have been thinking of switching my love for Chanel's Classic Flaps to Dior's LD. i would stick to boring black though. any comments?

Go for it, considering Chanel's insane price increases! Dior's also just recently had price increases too, unfortunately.

The black Lady Dior comes with SHW or GHW. Both are gorgeous! The gold is of the yellow type (like that on Chanel's vintage bags), different from the champagne gold that Dior uses on the beige LD's. My SA told me it's to stay true to the original LD made famous by the late Princess Diana, for whom the bag was named after. So, if you're buying the black LD with GHW, you'll be getting a piece with history behind it ;)

i have been thinking of switching my love for Chanel's Classic Flaps to Dior's LD. i would stick to boring black though. any comments?

I would make the switch too. The Lady Dior is not as popular as the Chanel Classic Flap, so you will not likely see many other people with the same bag.

As Serrazane said, it's also a piece with a history behind it, especially in black with gold hardware. :smile:

Yeah, it's not common, YET. Was in town today and surprised to find the Dior boutique very crowded, even more than Chanel and Louis Vuitton. But the SAs still found time for me although I mentioned I was just browsing. I love Dior service!
I think more people are appreciating Dior's designs lately, so you might see more of LD out in the streets in future. So enjoy its rarity for now! I spotted 6 Chanel jumbos, a few GSTs, loads of Bals, Gucci's and LVs, but only one Lady Dior. I love bag-watching lol ;)

Yeah, it's not common, YET. Was in town today and surprised to find the Dior boutique very crowded. But the SAs still found time for me although I mentioned I was just browsing.
I think more people are appreciating Dior's designs lately, so you might see more of LD out in the streets in future. So enjoy its rarity for now! I spotted 6 Chanel jumbos, a few GSTs, loads of Bals, Gucci's and LVs, but only one Lady Dior. I love bag-watching lol ;)

You're right. It's not very common, yet.

Since the Marion Cotillard Lady Dior ads appeared, I have seen more people with the Lady Dior. Most of the time, they are on young girls, worn with the shoulder strap, and in patent leather. Only saw one black lambskin with silver hardware so far.

The Dior bag that I see the most often is the Dior Panarea, and I'm not surprised. It's an amazing bag!

You're right. It's not very common, yet.

Since the Marion Cotillard Lady Dior ads appeared, I have seen more people with the Lady Dior. Most of the time, they are on young girls, worn with the shoulder strap, and in patent leather. Only saw one black lambskin with silver hardware so far.

The Dior bag that I see the most often is the Dior Panarea, and I'm not surprised. It's an amazing bag!

Wow, really? I've been carrying my small silver Panarea every day for the past 3 months and I'm still the only person I've seen around Edinburgh carrying it! :lol: I've even heard a few people softly saying to their friends when I pass them on the street go 'wow, I LOVE her bag!' Of course they did, it's Dior! :graucho:

Go for it, considering Chanel's insane price increases! Dior's also just recently had price increases too, unfortunately.

The black Lady Dior comes with SHW or GHW. Both are gorgeous! The gold is of the yellow type (like that on Chanel's vintage bags), different from the champagne gold that Dior uses on the beige LD's. My SA told me it's to stay true to the original LD made famous by the late Princess Diana, for whom the bag was named after. So, if you're buying the black LD with GHW, you'll be getting a piece with history behind it ;)

Yeah, I reckon Dior will be in my list of "purses to die for". Thank you Serrazane!:smile:

I would make the switch too. The Lady Dior is not as popular as the Chanel Classic Flap, so you will not likely see many other people with the same bag.

As Serrazane said, it's also a piece with a history behind it, especially in black with gold hardware. :smile:

Appreciate the comments. Now, where is the Dior boutique when I need one? Hehe.

Yeah, it's not common, YET. Was in town today and surprised to find the Dior boutique very crowded, even more than Chanel and Louis Vuitton. But the SAs still found time for me although I mentioned I was just browsing. I love Dior service!

I guess I'm the odd girl who loves to divert from commonly seen designer's purses. My colleagues & friends who used to love and always purchase purses from LV, Gucci & Fendi, no longer scorn "my peculiar choice of designer purses". Unknowingly, they now have gravitate towards Balenciaga, Miu Miu and Chanel after they seen me appreciate and enjoy the bags. So, my next office fashion project will be from Dior, eh?

I guess I'm the odd girl who loves to divert from commonly seen designer's purses. My colleagues & friends who used to love and always purchase purses from LV, Gucci & Fendi, no longer scorn "my peculiar choice of designer purses". Unknowingly, they now have gravitate towards Balenciaga, Miu Miu and Chanel after they seen me appreciate and enjoy the bags. So, my next office fashion project will be from Dior, eh?

My co-workers are into LV, Gucci, Prada and Coach. So I guess I'm like you, the odd girl in the office lol. :biggrin:

So I say: you go, girl! :dothewave: