my new j brand jeans are soooo tight...should i keep them or size up?

kristinm

Mar 16, 2007
i bought the 12" pencil in ink yesterday. the SA told me to size down, and that they looked good, but they are so tight!

while the 28's fit perfect, i got the 27 which is so tight on my thighs that the jeans crease up in some spots while i'm standing...uhhh, not cute! haha. the waist is also super tight, and if i gain even 2 lbs it's going to give me a muffin top. :sad:

i'm honestly not sure if they are simply too small, or if it's a good idea to size down...help? do j brand jeans stretch out all over? because these are too tight alllll over.

i'd wear them around the house for a full day. sit in them, do the 'tight pant stretch' haha and see how you feel about them the next day. if they're still too tight, size up. normally j brands will stretch, but if you are feeling uncomfortable after stretching and hanging out around the house in them, then you need to get a bigger pair

i have the same pair, i got them in my normal size and they were pretty tight when i got them, slick but not uncomfortable tight... and now they have really loosened after a few days of wearing them. i'd say they stretch almost about half a size...
if you feel like they almost hurt being so uncomfy they might not stretch enough, id go and try the next size again and see if they fit better... the ink jeans wont stretch as much as the other washes i find... hope this helps you a little!

I think you should go with your regular size (28) instead of sizing down. It might "loosen up" after a few days use but then once you wash them, they can get even tighter than they already are and become unusable :sad:

Stretch them out! My J Brands have been all stretched out! The few initial wears are gonna be disastrously tight but after that, it just works out fine!

Keep them, if you say the size up fit perfect in the dressing room, they will be all stretched out and saggy in a few hours time....I think JBrand stretch a good bit, my rule is if you can button it, it's the right size.

I say go to your normal size- I have several pairs of j brands (my fave jeans) although none of them are the 12". I find that JBrand's don't stretch much, especially compared to other jeans, and keep their shape really well.

I would go with your normal size. I think J Brands skinnnies run a little small. I usually wear a 27, but went with a 28. The 27 were way too tight and gave me a huge muffin top. The 28 were perfect.