My new greige twiggy

helenc

Bag Happiness
O.G.
Jun 18, 2006
After waiting and waiting for the blue india twiggy, I changed my mind as I was hoping it would be more of a grey blue, but all the pictures we've been seeing have shown it to be a brighter blue. So, I took a chance and ordered the greige twiggy. I was a bit apprehensive not having seen the colour in real life. I held my breath till the fedex man arrived, and when I opened the box I actually squealed with delight.

The leather is thick and squishy (yet again Jumpei at Aloha Rag chose very well for me). The colour truly is 'cement'. A pale mushroom grey. And it's such a versatile colour -- it goes with neutrals such as olives greens, but it also looks terrific with bolder and brighter colours, such as dark purple and indigo blue. I'm so pleased!

I couldn't capture the colour well in my photos (sorry!). Here she is: little Miss Tiggs, and with her two b-bag sisters (black city and rouge vif first)...

Attachments

• IMG_1716sm.jpg
    IMG_1716sm.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_1704sm.jpg
    IMG_1704sm.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_1715sm.jpg
    IMG_1715sm.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 320
beautiful!!!!
Isn't greige a fabulous color. I love it. It's neutral yet unusual enough that it makes people stop you to comment. It's one of my favorites. Congrats on a real beauty. Jumpei does a good job picking out nice ones. So nice that I talked my Mom out of her white city that she just got from him. :lol: The leather on your bag is fabulous, it looks thicker than my greige and looks like the leather on my new white one.
I agree the color is very hard to capture. I took so many pics and they all look different.
I think i can see a distinct difference in the thickness of the leather on the greige in your pics. Does your greige actually feel a little heavier than the others? My new white one does.

Thanks powderpuff!

Wow, your mum is lovely to let you have her white city. I saw your thread --your bag looks spectacular.

The leather on my bag is superthick, especially in comparison to my black city: I did the pinch test and the greige leather feels twice as thick as that on my black city. And I think you're right, the greige bag is even a tiny bit heavier than my city. I'm so happy with it:yahoo: .

Enjoy your new white city!

:drool: Wow, I squealed with delight just from seeing your pictures of your new bag!
I really love that colour....oh oh.:hrmm:
When I saw your pictures, for some reason I wished I could just bury my face in that leather :girlsigh: .....
okay, maybe I'm a bit weird.
That is one beeyootiful bag. Enjoy it!