My new greige twiggy

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. After waiting and waiting for the blue india twiggy, I changed my mind as I was hoping it would be more of a grey blue, but all the pictures we've been seeing have shown it to be a brighter blue. So, I took a chance and ordered the greige twiggy. I was a bit apprehensive not having seen the colour in real life. I held my breath till the fedex man arrived, and when I opened the box I actually squealed with delight.

The leather is thick and squishy (yet again Jumpei at Aloha Rag chose very well for me). The colour truly is 'cement'. A pale mushroom grey. And it's such a versatile colour -- it goes with neutrals such as olives greens, but it also looks terrific with bolder and brighter colours, such as dark purple and indigo blue. I'm so pleased!

I couldn't capture the colour well in my photos (sorry!). Here she is: little Miss Tiggs, and with her two b-bag sisters (black city and rouge vif first)...

IMG_1716sm.jpg IMG_1704sm.jpg IMG_1715sm.jpg
  2. beautiful!!!!
    Isn't greige a fabulous color. I love it. It's neutral yet unusual enough that it makes people stop you to comment. It's one of my favorites. Congrats on a real beauty. Jumpei does a good job picking out nice ones. So nice that I talked my Mom out of her white city that she just got from him. :lol: The leather on your bag is fabulous, it looks thicker than my greige and looks like the leather on my new white one.
    I agree the color is very hard to capture. I took so many pics and they all look different.
    I think i can see a distinct difference in the thickness of the leather on the greige in your pics. Does your greige actually feel a little heavier than the others? My new white one does.

3. Thanks powderpuff!

Wow, your mum is lovely to let you have her white city. I saw your thread --your bag looks spectacular.

The leather on my bag is superthick, especially in comparison to my black city: I did the pinch test and the greige leather feels twice as thick as that on my black city. And I think you're right, the greige bag is even a tiny bit heavier than my city. I'm so happy with it:yahoo: .

Enjoy your new white city!

4. Congratulations, Helenc! That bag is so beautiful, I just love the color and the leather! Enjoy it!

5. :drool: Wow, I squealed with delight just from seeing your pictures of your new bag!
    I really love that colour....oh oh.:hrmm:
    When I saw your pictures, for some reason I wished I could just bury my face in that leather :girlsigh: .....
    okay, maybe I'm a bit weird.
    That is one beeyootiful bag. Enjoy it!

6. beautiful! I love the greige in the twiggy size! really lovely! :heart:

7. Congrats, you have a very nice family there!

8. Thank you pippop, pursendipity and mocean for your kind comments. :biggrin:

9. Congratulations, Helenc! That bag is just GORGEOUS :heart:!!!

10. Mmmmmhhhhhhhh :drool: :nuts: . . . AMAZING greige helenc :yes: !!! CONGRATS :flowers: - you're whole bbag-family is GORGEOUS :yahoo:

11. Wonderful, I love greige it's on my list as well!

12. Thanks Tanja, FromParis, Firtclass and Catcat! I love this forum. Everyone is so friendly.:smile:

13. Yeah congratulations on your new bbag, you have a lovely bbag family.

The leather looks TDF on your greige twiggy, fabulous color too!

14. Wow I LOVE that color!!! :tender: Looks so beautiful in the twiggy style!! Congrats!!! :flowers:

15. Congrats and Enjoy!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice