Home & Garden My New Glam Study!

lulugirl896

Dec 2, 2012
Our study has been in desperate need of a facelift for a while and over the last few weeks I have worked hard to de-clutter it from this:

To this:

lulugirl896

Dec 2, 2012
Hayworth vanity as desk, Mirrored Damask Panel, Floor Vase all from Pier 1. Vaughn Slipper chair from Target. I applied contact paper to the closet door for a pop of contrast.

Attachments

lulugirl896

Dec 2, 2012
Couldn't decide what to put on the wall so I went bold with silver discs from WildThings. Skyline Chaise and Mirrored Accent table from Target, Park Madison Table Lamp from Amazon. Gray shag rug from IMSRugs (via Amazon)

Attachments

CobaltBlu

Butterfly Wrangler
O.G.
Oct 20, 2006
What a great transformation, congratulations! Some really clever ideas here. I really apprecaite that you shared where things came from, too.

:tup:

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
What an amazing transformation! You have done a beautiful job on your study - I especially love the chandelier and the settee.

lulugirl896

Dec 2, 2012
What an amazing transformation! You have done a beautiful job on your study - I especially love the chandelier and the settee.

The settee arrived 4 weeks ahead of quoted time frame and I'm so excited because I would have gone mad waiting!

What a great transformation, congratulations! Some really clever ideas here. I really apprecaite that you shared where things came from, too.

:tup:
Thanks! I spend ages tracking down things I've seen in pictures so I always try to label where I got my pieces to save others the hassle.

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
San Francisco
Beautiful job!

One suggestion -- you can buy a "sleeve" to hide the wires coming down from the TV and then paint it the same color as your wall. It looks sleeker that way -- and it's what I did in my living room to hide TV and speaker wires. A great alternative to drilling holes and putting the wires inside the wall.

lulugirl896

Dec 2, 2012
Beautiful job!

One suggestion -- you can buy a "sleeve" to hide the wires coming down from the TV and then paint it the same color as your wall. It looks sleeker that way -- and it's what I did in my living room to hide TV and speaker wires. A great alternative to drilling holes and putting the wires inside the wall.
Thanks for the tip! I've put the mister on it! :smile: