My new Givenchy Pandora

Discounts

O.G.
Nov 27, 2006
I love cross body bags, especially with two active toddlers it keeps me hands-free! Over the last two years my bags have gotten smaller and smaller. I used a Nine West cross body but it was very hard to get my wallet in and out of the zipper, and each time I had to struggle. I wanted to get a nice designer bag. After searching far and wide, I settled for Givenchy. To start with, it wasn't even among my top 10 choices. But I read that the box-like shape allows you to see the items inside the bag, which was a big plus. It was either that or a tiny bag with lots of pockets. I tried Alexander Wang camera bag (gorgeous rainbow chain that was uncomfortable), Chloe Drew which was just not long enough and the chain hurt, small Chloe Drew didn't fit my big wallet, Gucci cross body was not long enough, the Disco bag just wasn't large enough, and so on. I ended up buying my first Givenchy, Pandora pepe tan. As soon as I tried it on I fell in love. I have been carrying it for 2 days and it fits a LOT of stuff, so much and there is space for more! The strap is long enough. I wish the strap were slightly wider, right now the strap comes a bit closer to my neck every time since it is so thin. So I wish it were just a tad wider. The box shape also makes it move around a lot. Since it is not a flat shape, every time I bend or move it moves with me, and I was worried that it would hit my toddler in the face. So I carry it behind me when I am not with them, or on the side or in front of me when I am with them. The more I put into it the heavier it gets and it pulls on my shoulder, so again a wider strap would have definitely helped. Also, the strap is behind the bag, if it were on the side it would have probably worked better on increasing the width and hence making it easier to carry. But it is still a great bag and works very well for my needs. The wrinkled leather hides scratches and imperfections. I LOVE it, it looks so good and is so practical for daily use. Here are the pictures.

I chose the mini over small because I just don't like the way the larger bags "fall". I find it a bit strange, the shape seems unusual and I just didn't like that. With the mini the "fall" is barely there, and it doesn't look too boxy. The soft version is also not as stiff as the box version. The front pocket seems tiny at first but it fits a lot, all of my cosmetic essentials and with space for more. It seems like the front pocket is low so things may fall out if you open it, not the case.

Last edited:

Miss World

O.G.
Nov 6, 2006
I love cross body bags, especially with two active toddlers it keeps me hands-free! Over the last two years my bags have gotten smaller and smaller. I used a Nine West cross body but it was very hard to get my wallet in and out of the zipper, and each time I had to struggle. I wanted to get a nice designer bag. After searching far and wide, I settled for Givenchy. To start with, it wasn't even among my top 10 choices. But I read that the box-like shape allows you to see the items inside the bag, which was a big plus. It was either that or a tiny bag with lots of pockets. I tried Alexander Wang camera bag (gorgeous rainbow chain that was uncomfortable), Chloe Drew which was just not long enough and the chain hurt, small Chloe Drew didn't fit my big wallet, Gucci cross body was not long enough, the Disco bag just wasn't large enough, and so on. I ended up buying my first Givenchy, Pandora pepe tan. As soon as I tried it on I fell in love. I have been carrying it for 2 days and it fits a LOT of stuff, so much and there is space for more! The strap is long enough. I wish the strap were slightly wider, right now the strap comes a bit closer to my neck every time since it is so thin. So I wish it were just a tad wider. The box shape also makes it move around a lot. Since it is not a flat shape, every time I bend or move it moves with me, and I was worried that it would hit my toddler in the face. So I carry it behind me when I am not with them, or on the side or in front of me when I am with them. The more I put into it the heavier it gets and it pulls on my shoulder, so again a wider strap would have definitely helped. Also, the strap is behind the bag, if it were on the side it would have probably worked better on increasing the width and hence making it easier to carry. But it is still a great bag and works very well for my needs. The wrinkled leather hides scratches and imperfections. I LOVE it, it looks so good and is so practical for daily use. Here are the pictures.

I chose the mini over small because I just don't like the way the larger bags "fall". I find it a bit strange, the shape seems unusual and I just didn't like that. With the mini the "fall" is barely there, and it doesn't look too boxy. The soft version is also not as stiff as the box version. The front pocket seems tiny at first but it fits a lot, all of my cosmetic essentials and with space for more. It seems like the front pocket is low so things may fall out if you open it, not the case.

You made the right choice! The color you choice is beautiful too. :smile: The Givenchy Pandora is so lightweight and beautiful and perfect for us mothers with toddlers. Givenchy makes some of the most stylish and practical designer bags. I have the Givenchy Pandora which is one size bigger than yours and it hold heaps and heaps even though it doesn't look like a big bag. Congrats!

zwuncki

O.G.
Mar 28, 2009
Congrats! I LOVE your bag and color is amazing combined with the Pepe Leather!

Purchased the exact same bag in Black, it came today! Black is more neutral but in brown Pepe it just looks amazing and the Pepe Leather really catches your eyes with this color!

You made the right choice!

And I am as exited about the bag as you are. Got a lot of designer bags but this one is really the most useful one. Fits a lot of stuff in tiny format, is totally lightweight and looks amazing!

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
Congrats! I'm a mom to a 6 month old and just bought the same bag, but in Charcoal. With all the stuff that I'm lugging around for the baby, the last thing I want to carry is another large purse. Enjoy your new bag!

hrhsunshine

Truly Addicted
O.G.
Dec 22, 2010
You indeed made a great choice. Love the pepe/color/hw combo. I love how the mini rests against the body as well. It is between the super slouchy and structured. So petite, yet fits all your essentials. Cannot ask for more! Congrats!