My new FW 05 Taupe Stam

Greendrv said:
Glimmer: Yup, super lucky! It doesn't pop open when I carry it by the chain on my shoulder - although I haven't tried stuffing the bag (but I don't plan on it anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem).

Yay! The reason I asked is because I bought a return a few months ago and it was perfect..... at first glance... then I noticed a nick in the frame and the bag popped open (even with only the tissue in it). I'm so happy for you! Man does the color look gorgeous in your pic or what!

Twinklette said:
Ok I am sick to my stomach *jealous* over this lol!!! The bag gods ARE DEFINITELY smiling down on you. It's amazingly beautiful. Congratulations on your find!

Ha ha! I agree with Twinklette ... the bag gods ARE smiling on you. After my Saks fiasco, I've stayed away from all taupe stams since I figured it was not meant to be. Congratulations!! It's a beautiful bag!

Greendrv said:
Thanks! I'd like to think it's because I try to share the wealth too, and thus have great handbag karma! ;) If I see an 05 stam, I'll definitely PM you!

thank you!! that sounds great!!

i just called every dept store in SF and nowhere has an older stam...some don't even have the 06.

the SA at MJ store in San Francisco said that eventually the bags are all going to go back to the suede. who knows what to believe.