My New Fendi Chameleon Duffle!!

Hey Ladies,

So I just bought myself a Gray Colorblock Fendi Chameleon and I wanted your guys' opinion on it. I'm a little worried of color transfer and that the leather will scratch easily since it's not pebbled. Does anyone have this bag that wouldn't mind giving me their experience with it??

Another thing I was wondering about is how sturdy the shoulder strap is??

Also do you guys think it is too trendy?? I want to make sure I'll be able to wear it in 10+ years and it will still be in style.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-02-08 at 10.26.11 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-02-08 at 10.26.11 PM.png
    494.5 KB · Views: 2,228
  • Screen shot 2013-02-08 at 10.26.32 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-02-08 at 10.26.32 PM.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 2,176
Congrats on your Chameleon! Lovely neutral colorblock. I find the bag has a timeless very classic style. Super elegant but I've seen celebs wear with very casual looks. I think you will get lots of use from her and be able to enjoy her for a long time.

I cannot say anything about the durability or strength of the strap. I felt it was made well but never used the one I ordered. I returned it b/c the size was just too big for me. The only issue I had with the strap is that it is very narrow. I would think it would start to dig if I carried alot in the bag.

I cannot speak to color transfer as I have not owned it.
What I tend to try and do to determine if a bag has staying power from a style and design perspective is ask myself these three questions:

1) Is the bag currently lust worthy?

2) Would the bag have been lust worthy 15-20 years ago?

3) Is the bag something that I could wear 15-20 years from today (judging shape and material)

The third question is a bit harder to answer but bags that stand the test of time tend to have a non-offensive shape.

I know some people have a thing against Fendi for some of their out-of-this-world designs, but Fendi is actually one of the houses that makes bags that will stand the test of time because many of the current designs are already retrospective. Does that make sense?

The chameleon has a certain vintage feel to it that I think bodes well and your color blocked one will just add some quirkiness.

I feel it is a good buy.

I cannot speak to color transfer as I have not owned it.
What I tend to try and do to determine if a bag has staying power from a style and design perspective is ask myself these three questions:

1) Is the bag currently lust worthy?

2) Would the bag have been lust worthy 15-20 years ago?

3) Is the bag something that I could wear 15-20 years from today (judging shape and material)

The third question is a bit harder to answer but bags that stand the test of time tend to have a non-offensive shape.

I know some people have a thing against Fendi for some of their out-of-this-world designs, but Fendi is actually one of the houses that makes bags that will stand the test of time because many of the current designs are already retrospective. Does that make sense?

The chameleon has a certain vintage feel to it that I think bodes well and your color blocked one will just add some quirkiness.

I feel it is a good buy.
I agree, definitely has a vintage feel to it! I love this bag!

Wow that is a beautiful bag, I love the color block combo! I have the Chameleon in black and I absolutely love it. It's very roomy so I carry it to work, when I go out as well as when I travel. I don't think the bag is too trendy at all you could totally carry it 10 years from now especially since yours is composed of neutral colors :smile:

I'm very much in love with this bag that I have it bookmarked on my browser in the hopes of one day it will go on sale. I love the Chameleon Patent Leather version in black and tan. I think it has a classic style and you'll be rocking it out for many years to come. Congratulations! Your bag is a stunner. :smile: I'm jealous now. lol