My new Dillen II

Esquared72

Adrift and At Peace
O.G.
Feb 16, 2009
Hi, all - I'm usually in the RM or Coach forums, but took a detour to Dooney Land. I was looking for a durable but classic bag and landed on the Dillen II Satchel in Navy. Arrived today (Zappos did a rather cr@ppy job packing it, so she was a little smashed up). That said, I love this leather!! And the size is perfect...very similar to my beloved RM MAM. Here are pics with and without flash:
View attachment 2062601
View attachment 2062602
One question...is this normal??
View attachment 2062603
I can see the stuffing. It's packed down in there, so isn't going anywhere, but just seems odd. It looks like this on two of the four handle closures. Never noticed anything like this before...but it's a great bag, so it's not driving me to return it or anything.

Love that bag and NAVY one of my fav Dillen II colors, and not to be a downer
but if those handles bother you at all call and get an exchange they may even give you a bit of a credit if you tell them they sent you a defective bag.

Here are a couple of mod shots.

The handles really don't bother me - if it looked like the stuffing was coming out, it would, but it's packed very tightly - it's almost like they just cam up the handle a little too far. It's one of thise things I doubt anyone else would ever notice.

I'm really liking this style! And the leather is amazing.

Congrats Eehlers!

It looks good on you! I love the Dillen II satchels. (I'm going to break out my crimson pocket satchel tomorrow for Valentine's Day:heart:)

If I really look I can see a little bit of the stuffing in one of handles but I've had this satchel since October or November 2011 and I've never had a problem with the handles and they have never bothered me.

Enjoy your new beauty!

Thanks, everyone! I'm carrying her today and just love her!! And - after carrying my AW Rocco for a few days, the weight of this one is a welcome change! :lol:

I'm going to register the bag this morning. I LOVE that Dooney still does this. I wish Coach still had their bag registration.

I can totally see myself getting another Dillen Dooney at some point - perhaps in a dark brown or an off white... :thinking:

Your new D II bag is beautiful! Thanks for the picture!

This is my favorite style of Dooney and the leather in the D II bags is great.

I've checked several of my bags in this style and none of them have the issue with the stuffing in the handles that yours does. If it doesn't bother you great! If it does I'd exchange the bag (my choice). I'm glad that you are registering her so that you can easily make a warranty claim if necessary.

All in all, I'm so glad you are enjoying your new bag!

Sue

Your new D II bag is beautiful! Thanks for the picture!

This is my favorite style of Dooney and the leather in the D II bags is great.

I've checked several of my bags in this style and none of them have the issue with the stuffing in the handles that yours does. If it doesn't bother you great! If it does I'd exchange the bag (my choice). I'm glad that you are registering her so that you can easily make a warranty claim if necessary.

All in all, I'm so glad you are enjoying your new bag!

Sue

Thanks! Went through and registered her online this moring. So, if I notice anything odd develop with that stuffing, now I know I can send her off and see if they can fix her. :biggrin:

For now, though, I'm just really enjoying my bag!! :yahoo:

Thanks! Went through and registered her online this moring. So, if I notice anything odd develop with that stuffing, now I know I can send her off and see if they can fix her. :biggrin:

For now, though, I'm just really enjoying my bag!! :yahoo:

I'm so glad that you are enjoying your bag!

WOO HOO!!

Sue