my new dilemma!!!!

V, keep the SO but let your sister borrow her if she really wants to carry her. As other tPFers said, it is yours. You have waited long enough and you don't want to wait for another 2 years?

V, it sure is a dilemma. :sad: I know how much you love your baby sister. I also hope she'll have your understanding that brother-in-law said "No" to it.

:tup: luck to your decision!

Vermillion, I don't think it's right for your sister to take the bag just because you already have many. You've waited long for that bag. If she wants her own, either she can order as well, cultivate a relationship to a store or try checking out other stores when she travels.

Keep it for yourself Vermillion. i know its sometimes hard to say no to a dear sister( I have the same problem:sad:), but you have waited a such a long time for this Birkin.
Tell her if she still really wants the same bag, you will do everything you can do, to help her get it, but like you she may have to wait a while. And thats its worth the wait.

What a nice sister you are -- already letting her have your BJ! I am sure she will understand your DH wants you to have it.
And it sounds like the SA is willing to work with her as well so I am sure she will get another bag on her own soon.

The number of bags you have is nobody's biz. If you can afford a million bags, tht's your choice. You've waited for 2 years for this FIRST & SO, so keep it. It's not as if you have a few white Birkins sitting in your closet, KWIM.

Your sis can SO hers, that's my opinion. It's an easy decision, don't agonize over it. Keep your bag. After all, you've already asked your DH for his opinion, doesn't his feelings count after he told you to keep it? :wondering

Only a little sister would be cheeky enough to ask! You are very sweet and kind to even think about it, I know what my answer would have been and it would have been very short!

Keep your bag but help her get another one. And dont feel guilty about it, its not like it is something you just picked up in any old store, it something you have ordered especially and waited patiently for. YOu deserve it!

Vermillion, I don't know your relationship with your sister at all obviously, but I have a sister too and we love each other a lot and are quite close. We share many things with each other but I know that neither one of us would ever think it is appropriate to ask in this situation.
I think there is something deeper going on here, with her thinking that you already have so many. Just because you have many does not make it OK for her to take what is yours. If you want to give it to her, it is your generosity, but you shouldn't have to be in a dilemma because of her asking you to give up something you have waited 2 years for.
I think helping her SO one of her own would be the best compromise.

I absolutely agree with everyone! Keep the SO and tell your sister that you will help her locate one or order one for herself. But in the meantime, she will just have to admire yours! Trust me, I am super close to my sister, but we both speak up when the other crosses the line, and we appreciate that candor. I love her no matter what, even if she says I can't have something. And I know your sister will love and respect you for being honest with her about your feelings as well!