My new Damier Graphite A4 cover bloc - Too flashy for a job interview?

no for interview, ok once you get the job. Also, if you are interviewing for entry level positions/internships, definitely no. better safe than sorry, you don't want someone thinking of you negatively just because they are jealous or think you are spoiled (in no way implying you are!!)

just look polished and professional and allow yourself and your skills to be the star, not your labels.

I think it's fine. I'm from NY and seeing and carrying designer goods is no big deal, at least to me. So I would and have carried a LV bag to an interview because it's all I had. The interviewer frankly doesn't care.

This is a great point, local knowledge is everything. In NY they are probably pretty popular, here in New Zealand it would probably be frowned upon, something to do with tall poppy syndrome.

There is certainly doubt in your mind so I could err on the side of caution and go with a nice but non recognizable one - you can pick up a pretty nice yet inexpensive one a stationers and only use it for the interview. If it gets you the job it will be a great return on a very small investment.

It's a bit like the real estate agent that sells your house - when they turn up in a new Mercedes what do you think? They're very good at their job or they charge way too much. As much as we all try to be neutral, first impressions have huge influence on us, even subconsciously.

Good Luck with the interview! Fingers are crossed for you!

I think it's gorgeous! The interviewer is supposed to be interviewing you not what you are carrying. They always say to dress for the job above the one you are interviewing for, so I'd say go for it. It doesn't scream LV as the mono would, I think it's fine to bring it.

Good luck!

Kingla said:
Various, including LV, Lulu Guiness and McQueen.

Ok, this might sound misogynistic since I'm a guy, but I'm guessing that all the interviewees that took offense were women. A guy wouldn't give two hoots what an interviewee is carrying. And I carry my black BV interoccio portfolio to interviews - I'm a contractor so I do it quite often.

Ok, this might sound misogynistic since I'm a guy, but I'm guessing that all the interviewees that took offense were women. A guy wouldn't give two hoots what an interviewee is carrying. And I carry my black BV interoccio portfolio to interviews - I'm a contractor so I do it quite often.

Not necessarily. My boss once jokingly asked me whether I am paid too much when I carried my Rouge Grenadine Alma to work. His wife is into LV. You never know...

OP, I say go for a nice one that is leather but no label, something low key. Once you have the job, then carry it with pride. Good luck!

Oh heck no - the guys are the worst. Hearing what the male attorneys said about any potential associate, male or female, made me very self-conscious.