My new companion - a reveal & WIMB!

Amazona

Crazy bird lady
Mar 31, 2013
Finland
I finally managed to get a grip, take over the BF's bedroom and make a reveal! :smile:

So, a year ago I was, like, "There's no way I'll ever cough up 400€ for a LP Cuir because the leather is so flimsy and they're all the wrong size". Then I was, like, "Everyone is raving on about LP Cuir and saying they really love theirs but I still think it's too expensive". And now I'm, like, "HEYY LOOK WHAT I GOT! A brand new LP Cuir!" :lol:

I finally took the plunge about a month ago when I found myself wandering at Stockmann's in Helsinki on the day their summer sale started. I saw a lonely little bag sitting among its larger companions at the Longchamp boutique corner and the next thing I knew, I was at the register with a Medium Cuir in Fuchsia (and a Lauren Ralph Lauren Tate Tech wallet to keep her company). I got a -40% discount on both so the price didn't make me weep either. Still won't tell le BF what I paid for them, though... :P
I got to admit, our first day together with LPC wasn't a nice one; I treated her with a leather balm and it seems she was very thirsty here and so not up for a drink there, so the result was a blotchy mess and I was SO unhappy! In the end, a couple of treatments with Stubben saddle soap did the trick and the color evened out. She got waterproofed at the same time so I needn't worry about rain either which is nice. Because the summer in Finland has 4 seasons. :biggrin:

So, without any more blabber: Here she is!

Pikkukuva2.jpg

I've been carrying my new friend around for 5 weeks now and couldn't be happier - the size, the color, the look, the way it just fits me is totally perfect! I'm 182,5 cm tall and not anywhere near slim but it still works as a crossbody even for me and when I use the short handles they don't dig into my hands or arms which is nice since I carry a ton of stuff with me, as you can see;

Pikkukuva1.jpg

Today we went shopping so I had 2 bag organizers (since one clearly isn't enough for a greedy ***** like me) filled to the brim, a water bottle (that's a 950 ml one btw, to give a little perspective), a pair of socks, a bag with 2 bottles of hair conditioner, 5 protein bars, 2 sets of keys etc etc. That's Tate in the pic next to my phone on the left, I've been using her nonstop since I got her as well and still not feeling the urge to switch out. Money well spent!

hitt

Apr 13, 2014
Congratulations on your plunge! You got her for a wonderful price! She is absolutely beautiful. I am so glad you've been using her. I feel horrible for not using my Platinum one since purchasing it but your post has encouraged me to bring her out to use because she deserves it. :heart:

Amazona

Crazy bird lady
Mar 31, 2013
Finland
Congratulations on your plunge! You got her for a wonderful price! She is absolutely beautiful. I am so glad you've been using her. I feel horrible for not using my Platinum one since purchasing it but your post has encouraged me to bring her out to use because she deserves it. :heart:
You are so right!
I had real issues with not using my nicer bags but especially the trouble this latest purchase caused me, I started thinking exactly the same as you - the bags are made to be used - and just went for it. :smile:

Esquared72

Adrift and At Peace
O.G.
Feb 16, 2009
Beautiful! Congrats on a great deal and for finally adding Cuir to your collection.

You are inspiring me to carry my Bilberry Cuir - she's been sitting on the shelf too long. I'm going shopping today, and this bag is perfect - lightweight and roomy.

seton

Keeper of the Flame
Authenticator
O.G.
Dec 27, 2006
Alaska
hermesology.com
Congrats! I tried on the same one at the sale but I could not get that short strap to work for me! Pretty colour though.

Amazona

Crazy bird lady
Mar 31, 2013
Finland
Thanks everyone! :smile:
I find it's hard to put the bag away once you start carrying it - so far I've taken it with me to work, dates, movies, shopping, babysitting, day trip to Estonia, 2-week holiday at the in-laws etc etc. It just works for me so well! :yes:

Seton, do you think you could get your local shoemaker or tailor to make you a longer strap?

EGBDF

Authenticator
Dec 22, 2013
Congratulations-this is such a pretty color. I'm glad the color worked out for you in the end.