My new clutch - any thoughts? (All Cosmo's fault!)

lisenoktx

O.G.
Mar 14, 2008
So, to keep it short, I saw Cosmo's thread < PRE-FALL 2010 / FALL 2010 > YSL bags , and one clutch got my attention. So, I went to check it out in NM, and they had it in a beautiful dove-grey color, which meant it had to go home with me! Now I just need to make sure my DH doesn't find out, or I'll be banned for life. I promised I wouldn't get another bag this month. :shame:

Does it look too vintage? I believe my mom had similar bag in black back in early 80-s. I am going to keep it, but I am curious on what you ladies think - I don't know anyone who owns it.

By the way, this forum is a bad influence! I stayed away from it when I was pregnant (since my favorite things: shoes, bags and chocolate were making me sick), and managed not to get anything for months. Now I am getting post-depravation attack. :wacko:

P1040050.jpg

P1040051.jpg

beautiful, vintage with modern twist clutch, I like it very much, and the color is amazing, I needed something like that tonight

I share your thoughts about tPF, I found so many great ideas here and got much more stuff than what normally person would need :biggrin:

Thank you juneping, papertiger, kaban, beljwl, ACS. I am glad it doesn't look outdated for you. Even though I decided to keep it, it is important to know what people with good taste think.

peachiesncream - it is calf, lightly textured. I like what they did with the leather - it adds a bit of a charm to the look.

vesna - I am glad you like it. I was considering quitting the forum, but it is SO MUCH FUN! And you are right, there are some very good ideas here, even though they cost a lot of money. :lol: I wonder where you were going yesterday night...

Hey, don't blame me, lol!!!! :P

Congrats on your clutch. This style actually first came out for the spring collection and is being continued for fall.

Many of us were under the impression that these are eel skin, but I notice now that NM refers to it has "eel-embossed leather."
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod98880181&parentId=cat7040731&masterId=cat2720733&index=8&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat000149cat000226cat2720733cat7040731

Bluefly is referring to it as "eel-embossed leather" as well...
http://www.bluefly.com/Yves-Saint-Laurent-smoke-eel-embossed-Y-envelope-clutch/PDP_CROSS_SELL/307052201/detail.fly

Last edited: