My new chocolate guccissima Joy shoulder bag

rainyjewels

eat me
O.G.
Nov 8, 2006
Got this from Bluefly for a pretty good price. Was so excited about it, but the leather seems kind of dry and stiff, and the shape is just slouching weird in the front. I'm not sure if this is typical of guccissima leather? I'm really not a fan, but it could be because I'm used to either really structured leather (like Chanel caviar) or really slouchy smooshy leather (like Balenciaga). I dunno.

Anyway - posting some pics here because there are definitely not enough pics of this bag on the forum and I know lots of people have been eyeing it....:smile: I'm returning this to Bluefly so if anyone's interested, pm me and I can let you know when I return it so you may try to catch it again...

Wow that was quick! Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you. I'm surprised it was so rigid. I thought guccisma was supposed to be buttery soft. :shrugs:

Is it the lighting or is chocolate guccisma normally that color? I thought it was darker.

You know, I'm not really sure what color this is. The description says "brown"...I'm pretty sure it's chocolate - I've seen the "cuir" color at Saks and this is definitely darker...at least that was my first impression. the more i see it the more i second guess myself...

Sorry that it did not work out.

Hmm....apparently this bag comes in different colors...see this one on Gucci's china/english site:

http://www.gucci.com/cn-en/uk-english/cn-en/fall-winter-08/handbags/#0-724640-203493AH01G2535

Went to the boutique and chatted with the SA. Apparently depending on how the leather is dyed, the guccissima leather can feel different. Apparently the black and the chocolate versions have the softest leather as I tried different ones there.

Boutique had the black version of this bag and the leather was soft and slouchy. Yet the same bag in brown, the leather is stiff.:shrugs: . So yes, the same bag at the boutique, the leather was stiff.

THe medium version retails for $995 and the large version is $1195, so I guess the price at Bluefly at $840 is a really good deal.:tup: