My new Chloe is the heaviest bag EVER!

Sushi789

O.G.
Jul 30, 2006
Just got this, it's a NAP exclusive:

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/33610?resType=single&keywords=chloe cyndi

it's so gorgeous, and the quality is outstanding... but it seriously weighs a ton and a half. I've never had a bag this heavy before. I don't have a scale to weigh it... but it makes a paddington seem super lightweight. I think it's the heavy duty hardware

I can't decide if I should keep it or not. I really love it, but the weight is just ridiculous

Also, it's been a while since I got a new Chloe... do they all now come with authenticity cards? This one did, and apparently it can be registered with Chloe...:shrugs:

I have seen this bag, very pretty. And yes, is my understanding that 08's have auth cards & sticker. I have a Hobo paddy that weighs in at 5lbs, dead empty. If it weighs more than that ... OMG!:nuts:

Sure looks spectacular. if it is true love then lug it around and buid up your biceps. The cards were said to be a joke. The mothership doesn't really seem to care about them.

I have to agree with you...this bag is rediculously heavy...I saw it last month at Saks and me and the SA were talking about how heavy it was!

Nothing like any of the chloes out till now!

KMSNYC- Thank you for the report on the Cyndi. I was admiring it at Nordstrom the other week and yeah, it weighs a ton! It's gorgeous, but definitely not worth breaking my back over it.

balchlfen- The bag is probably sold out for U.K., because it's still showing up on the U.S. site.

I saw the Cyndi in the Chloe store in Bahrain a week ago. I was shocked at how heavy it was. I just had to look inside, thinking I'd find a brick in there, but it was empty :wtf:. There's no way on earth I could comfortably wear this bag. In fact I can't imagine anyone finding it comfortable, it's unbelievable.

PS. I have got used to carrying heavy bags, but this one really is in a class of its own.

That is awkward that it is that heavy with this type of bag. I am assuming it is a shopper because of the style and that means one will have lots of stuff in it. It looks lovely though. Not sure which colour you got but I know what the Cyndi looks like.

I'll post some pics later!

I think this particular Cyndi (the NAP exclusive) might be even heavier because of the super thick croc leather... I tried on the regular Cyndi at the department store, and I think it wasn't quite as heavy as this one. (But maybe that is my imagination.)

I totally love the bag... and I love a challenge!:P So I think I'm going to keep it. I love the suggestion that it might build up my biceps!

Such a very gorgeous bag! I think you should try carrying it almost empty one day (or put your things in a large freezer bag inside to keep the bag completely spotless) and see if you can handle it. A couple of years ago I bought a bag that looked great but was very heavy. I thought I could handle it but in a matter of a few hours my back hurt horribly. I loved the bag but had to return it. I didn't want to feel like I needed to take ibuprofen to carry it. The heavy leather and hardware look fantastic though.