My new Chanel jumbo flap

zenbym

Jan 1, 2014
So I picked up this Chanel jumbo flap in patent leather from Neiman Marcus yesterday and I want your opinion! What do you think? The reason why I went for patent is because it's a bit distinctive than the caviar and lamb. Caviar was my second option bc it's durable but it's too dull, and lamb looks the best in my opinion but it scratches easily. The only thing is this bag is made in Italy. I tried to find a made in France piece it but seems as though jumbo flaps r mostly made in Italy now??? Can someone confirm? Also please give honest opinions :smile: thanks!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393246782.158511.jpg

You picked a winner!

I got caviar in GHW first and got patent several years after. If I had seen the patent several years before, I would never have gotten the caviar and saved some money or made room for other colors!

Enjoy your jumbo!

I am trying to get a black jumbo too! I am considering a patent too but I an heavily considering a lambskin with GHW!
But I do love the look of your Jumbo too!!! It's different and not to mention soooooo very shiny!!!! Mods pic please :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Beautiful!! I know not everybody is a fan of patent, but I love black patent leather. So glossy, glamorous, effortless...

Just be mindful of magazine papers and such sticking to the patent. Heat and humidity aren't good for patent. Otherwise, you will be fine. I have two black patent bags, one a Chanel mini, and I love them. Yours is stunning, congrats!

So I picked up this Chanel jumbo flap in patent leather from Neiman Marcus yesterday and I want your opinion! What do you think? The reason why I went for patent is because it's a bit distinctive than the caviar and lamb. Caviar was my second option bc it's durable but it's too dull, and lamb looks the best in my opinion but it scratches easily. The only thing is this bag is made in Italy. I tried to find a made in France piece it but seems as though jumbo flaps r mostly made in Italy now??? Can someone confirm? Also please give honest opinions :smile: thanks!

View attachment 2517597

It's gorgeous! Have you seen a m/l blk patent with GHW anywhere ?

Love it! Agree with nycmamaofone that as long as you are aware of the few potential pitfalls, patent is no fuss and looks really amazing! In terms of Italy vs France, I personally don't care and haven't noticed any differences.

Beautiful!! I know not everybody is a fan of patent, but I love black patent leather. So glossy, glamorous, effortless...

Just be mindful of magazine papers and such sticking to the patent. Heat and humidity aren't good for patent. Otherwise, you will be fine. I have two black patent bags, one a Chanel mini, and I love them. Yours is stunning, congrats!

Thank you so much for the tips!! I don't own any patent leather products so it's good to know :smile: so excited!

i really like it. personally, i think smaller bags are dressier than larger bags and the patent gives you the best of both worlds. It's large, but dressier looking because of the patent! Congrats!!!