My new BV wallet

Discounts

O.G.
Nov 27, 2006
Here is my BV wallet reveal. I looked far and wide for the perfect wallet. I fell in love with Prada vernice wallet in red but the only piece available was on display and in a bad shape. I contacted all stores in the US and corporate but didn't hear back. After debating between LV, Gucci, Prada, Dior, Chanel, and BV, I bought BV. I had a SEVERE case of buyer's remorse and wanted to return the very next day, I cannot believe I am crazy enough to spend $1,000 on a wallet! So I planned to go back and return. But then I ended up using it. It was so so easy to remove my credit card, and for the very first time I found that I wasn't fighting to remove my cards. Cash slipped easily in and out of hidden slim pockets. I stuffed and stuffed my wallet with 10+ cards, a lot of cash, rewards cards, memberships to various places, and lo and behold, it still closed without a fuss. The one snap was so much easier than Prada's two snap. I thought the sides would turn up with one snap like LV Vernis (one on display had that issue), but nothing like that with BV. The shape still held. There was a bit of bulging in the coin pocket but the weave and dark color hid the bulging and my wallet looked perfect.

The salesperson had twisted the wallet to show how flexible it was. The wallet fits like a glove, everything fits in it perfectly. It slips so very easily into my small crossbody. I still cannot believe I spent so much on a wallet, I could have gotten a handbag for the price, but by God BV wallet is the most practical wallet in the market. Prada saffiano is very stiff, Ferragamo doesn't have enough pockets in some new styles and it is stiff, Chanel I find the look of silver double C's cheap, Dior is gorgeous but the quilted form seems too padded and after I stuff things I am sure it would get more padded, LV Vernis I liked but the one on display had the sides turned up. People said to get a zip around so I could fit more, but I have always loved a snap wallet and don't want to deal with zips. I hate zips, they never hold up. I like Gucci, but not enough. I bought a gorgeous Gucci buckle wallet on sale but returned it because the snap made a hollow sound and the insides seemed cheap. They had good leather wallets but BV just ended up being so flexible. I am so happy with my purchase as long as I don't think about the $$$$$! So here are photos.

Don't get fooled by the second photo. It looks slim but I have a LOT stuffed inside, and yet you can barely notice it. What sealed the deal for BV is that I was in Lindt chocolate store in NYC and saw a woman carry a gorgeous buttery soft leather bag from BV, it was the same bag that I had seen in the store, the BV Leggero Satchel. The color was gorgeous, very understated, from afar I could see how soft the leather was and how enticing it looked. I walked into the BV store across the street and bought my wallet!!! I went to Bergdorf's today, and when I removed my BV wallet I got so many compliments and the salesperson was super nice to me after, hoping I would buy more stuff lol.

Photos to follow...

picture.php

picture.php

Here is my BV wallet reveal. I looked far and wide for the perfect wallet. I fell in love with Prada vernice wallet in red but the only piece available was on display and in a bad shape. I contacted all stores in the US and corporate but didn't hear back. After debating between LV, Gucci, Prada, Dior, Chanel, and BV, I bought BV. I had a SEVERE case of buyer's remorse and wanted to return the very next day, I cannot believe I am crazy enough to spend $1,000 on a wallet! So I planned to go back and return. But then I ended up using it. It was so so easy to remove my credit card, and for the very first time I found that I wasn't fighting to remove my cards. Cash slipped easily in and out of hidden slim pockets. I stuffed and stuffed my wallet with 10+ cards, a lot of cash, rewards cards, memberships to various places, and lo and behold, it still closed without a fuss. The one snap was so much easier than Prada's two snap. I thought the sides would turn up with one snap like LV Vernis (one on display had that issue), but nothing like that with BV. The shape still held. There was a bit of bulging in the coin pocket but the weave and dark color hid the bulging and my wallet looked perfect.

The salesperson had twisted the wallet to show how flexible it was. The wallet fits like a glove, everything fits in it perfectly. It slips so very easily into my small crossbody. I still cannot believe I spent so much on a wallet, I could have gotten a handbag for the price, but by God BV wallet is the most practical wallet in the market. Prada saffiano is very stiff, Ferragamo doesn't have enough pockets in some new styles and it is stiff, Chanel I find the look of silver double C's cheap, Dior is gorgeous but the quilted form seems too padded and after I stuff things I am sure it would get more padded, LV Vernis I liked but the one on display had the sides turned up. People said to get a zip around so I could fit more, but I have always loved a snap wallet and don't want to deal with zips. I hate zips, they never hold up. I like Gucci, but not enough. I bought a gorgeous Gucci buckle wallet on sale but returned it because the snap made a hollow sound and the insides seemed cheap. They had good leather wallets but BV just ended up being so flexible. I am so happy with my purchase as long as I don't think about the $$$$$! So here are photos.

Don't get fooled by the second photo. It looks slim but I have a LOT stuffed inside, and yet you can barely notice it. What sealed the deal for BV is that I was in Lindt chocolate store in NYC and saw a woman carry a gorgeous buttery soft leather bag from BV, it was the same bag that I had seen in the store, the BV Leggero Satchel. The color was gorgeous, very understated, from afar I could see how soft the leather was and how enticing it looked. I walked into the BV store across the street and bought my wallet!!! I went to Bergdorf's today, and when I removed my BV wallet I got so many compliments and the salesperson was super nice to me after, hoping I would buy more stuff lol.

Photos to follow...
I'm loving the blue!

I believe it's called Electrique. I compared this with lighter colors and I prefer blue because on weaves the edges seem to get a bit dirty, the dirt shows more on light/bright colors. Any change in weave edges will not show up here. Compared to the pink, this one looks more seamless. So even though I prefer bright colors this was the best choice. I loved their other wallets with snake weaves embedded but this had more card slots. I think BV does wallets very well - practical, variety, lovely. I am happy with my choice. A part of me still wishes I had a brighter color like sun with snakeskin because it was more attractive, but I will get much more use with this one.

Very nice! Electrique is a beautiful color. I considered that shape for my last wallet but ended up with a French flap instead.

I will add that BVs zip-around wallets hold up very well.

I believe it's called Electrique. I compared this with lighter colors and I prefer blue because on weaves the edges seem to get a bit dirty, the dirt shows more on light/bright colors. Any change in weave edges will not show up here. Compared to the pink, this one looks more seamless. So even though I prefer bright colors this was the best choice. I loved their other wallets with snake weaves embedded but this had more card slots. I think BV does wallets very well - practical, variety, lovely. I am happy with my choice. A part of me still wishes I had a brighter color like sun with snakeskin because it was more attractive, but I will get much more use with this one.

I also thought your wallet looked like Signal
Blue, rather than Electrique.