My new BV jewelry pieces!

goldenflower

Jan 28, 2008
I was taken with a couple of the jewelry pieces in the Cruise '09 catalog and had some sent to me so I could see them and try them on. I like tailored "everyday" jewelry and these pieces work for me.

First is this ring. It comes in three widths. I thought I might want the widest width because I have long fingers, but it's really wide on me, almost up to my knuckle. So I'm getting the medium width and hoping it will be the right width. If not, I'll get the narrowest one.

I neglected to photograph the ring on my finger, but here it is on its own. You can see how the flat ribbons of sterling are actually woven to make it. When I get the narrower ring, I will try to remember to take photos of it on my finger.

IMG_3529.jpg

IMG_3530.jpg

This piece wasn't in the Cruise '09 catalog, but it's such a great classic! It was a little big on me and kept slipping off my wrist, but I was able to bend it slightly to make it smaller and it stays on now. Isn't the little butterfly cute?

This bracelet reminds me of David Yurman's sterling cuffs. I don't own one of those but my mom has several and they dent fairly easily. The BV bracelet seems much sturdier and is definitely heavier, so I don't think it will dent easily. It's a substantial bracelet and I felt its weight a lot a first but now I'm used to it.

For reference, my wrist is a little under 6".

IMG_3523.jpg

IMG_3522.jpg

IMG_3524.jpg

And here is the double knot bracelet in copper rame that made me change my mind about the possibility of getting a metallic bag! I love this. It's a size small, and very comfortable to wear.

IMG_3526.jpg

IMG_3540.jpg

IMG_3543.jpg

IMG_3544.jpg

These earrings are pictured in the Cruise '09 catalog, but to me they don't look like they do in the photographs in the catalog. They're also available in the larger size on Saks' web site.

I've pictured the smallest size and the largest size. The BV stores in the U.S. didn't get the medium size, but they also come in that. They're a rose gold over sterling earring, but they look much more bronzey than what I think of as rose gold and they're more bronzey (almost brown, really) than they appear in my photos. The closest photo to their actual color is the last one (the closeup of the woven sterling).

I really like them, but they also come in "plain" sterling and I decided I'd rather have those.

The largest hoops are about 1 1/2" in diameter - I haven't measured the smaller ones, but I think they're about 3/4" in diameter, so a little bigger than typical "huggie" earrings.

IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3535.jpg

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3537.jpg

:nuts: wow wow wow goldenflower, thank you so much for posting such yummy eye candy. I love all of them, really. The BV woven silver (and white gold!!) jewelry has been on my wish/dream list for ever. And now that I saw the copper rame woven bracelet, I'm even more excited about our SO ottone bracelet!!

Which ones are you keeping??

Thanks, Mid-!

I am keeping the copper rame woven bracelet, the silver bracelet, the ring in the narrower width (the widest width is what I have, but I'm exchanging it), and the same earrings as I photographed, only in "plain" sterling (silver), in the smaller size.

I wish I could have gotten a SO ottone bracelet. I found BV just a little too late for that. I'm excited for everyone to get theirs!

You did pretty good! I almost fainted when the pic of the knot bracelet scrolled up. The leather color is gorgeous! Beyond gorgeous! Beyond, beyond gorgeous!

these are beauuuuuuuutiful! i just adore the BV woven sterling pieces! i have a few David yurman bracelets but so do a million billion other people, i think it's time to part with a few and try one of these lovelies, and the leeather know bracelets are just TDF!!!!

Last edited:
My research was unsuccessful--The SAKS website kept giving me "execution failed," and I couldn't find details anywhere else. I had a similar style sterling bracelet, but lost it a few months ago. I wore it everyday and have been looking to replace it.
I am heading to Vegas during the first week of March, so perhaps I can look at the sterling bracelet up close...

WOW, deliciously tempting ! :drool: Beautiful! The copper rame double knot bracelet is really something. Congradulations! I love them all! Oh, I just adored BV's jewelries, especially bracelets/bangles. I love the earrings too, they match one of my BV belt buckle! Too bad I cannot wear silver earrings. Is the ring smooth and comfortable on your finger? Does it catch any hair when you run your fingers thru your hair?
Now I'm taking out the cruise collection catalog and drooling over the jewelry pages again. Just like you, I like to wear 'tailored everyday' jewelry. I'm hoping to visit NYC boutique soon so I can try them on. I think 2009 will be a BV accessory+jewelry year for me [in addition to Hermes scarves!!] ! Thanks for sharing the pictures; love to see more modelling/action shots please.