My new boy bag obsession or an LV and Gucci I have been wanting too..help!

Hopeach

Oct 20, 2013
I'm going to post this on both Chanel and LV forums to get the best feedback. I have been wanting the LV Pallas in black and Gucci swing tote in black (small) since they each came out and I was close to pulling the trigger on both until...I saw the Boy bag in light brown. It has quickly become my new obsession. Not that I still don't want the other two mind you, I still love them both. I do have other LV mono bags, including the NN14 with black on it. Plus I have other black bags... Epi Noe, GST and new med Boy. I don't have any bags the color of the light brown boy.

It's a hard decision when I think of getting 2 bags for the price of one, plus money left over for a pair of shoes. Please help! I will include pics for reference.

Attachments

• louis-vuitton-monogram-pallas-black.jpg
    louis-vuitton-monogram-pallas-black.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 478
  • untitled.png
    untitled.png
    403.8 KB · Views: 477
  • NMV1XUQ_mx.jpg
    NMV1XUQ_mx.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 471
I say the Light Brown Boy Bag (and not because this is the Chanel thread). I'm a fan of all three brands but in terms of which of the three won't be available to get at a later time it's the boy bag. If you really like the light brown and have the funds to purchase now that's the one to get. I know it's tempting to get two bags instead of one but only you can ask yourself will you regret not having the boy bag when this color sells outs...

Just do not buy the Gucci! I think Gucci is a bad investment because they always go on sale. I was a huge fan is Gucci and now regret all my purchases. Chanel is my favorite handbag designer but I think It is great to have at least 1 plain LV monogram canvas in your collection. The Pallas is a good choice. It will go with everything and it is a bag that you can use every day if you would like. It is versatile. I am thinking about purchasing a Pochette Métis. With that said, I really like that boy bag. You have to think about which will go better with your lifestyle/wardrobe.

I'm going to post this on both Chanel and LV forums to get the best feedback. I have been wanting the LV Pallas in black and Gucci swing tote in black (small) since they each came out and I was close to pulling the trigger on both until...I saw the Boy bag in light brown. It has quickly become my new obsession. Not that I still don't want the other two mind you, I still love them both. I do have other LV mono bags, including the NN14 with black on it. Plus I have other black bags... Epi Noe, GST and new med Boy. I don't have any bags the color of the light brown boy.

It's a hard decision when I think of getting 2 bags for the price of one, plus money left over for a pair of shoes. Please help! I will include pics for reference.

Go for Boy why a) chanel b) different style more interesting; other two look boring to Me c)price factor boys keep going up. Boy I bought from last season now way more pricey...

I would say Boy too. I am a fan of all 3 brands but I don't like monogram bags (smaller pieces are ok). I find it interesting that some say it will go with everything. How on earth would monogram LV go with a floral dresses or patterns?? I love Gucci, but I am not overly keen on the swing tote IMO it is too cheap, and neither do I like black. The Chanel boy, on the other hand, is what I would choose. As others have said, the price will continue to go up, and the colours are always changing. So if it is a colour you love then get it. The Pallas will be around for ever, thats a given with LV, and their standard collection nothing much changes.

Thank you all for your input. I agree with the price of the boys going up and also the stock of what is available changes all the time. If I don't get it now, I may never get it unless I find it preloved or nwt at a possible higher price. The black boy in new medium I have I've seen going for way more than I bought it for. Now to break it to my DH..lol

I would say boy bag because no1 I got it after obsessing and I am so in love with it I know you will feel the same and no2 the price increase. It will keep its value if you want to re-sell but now really is the time to invest in a Chanel if you plan to keep and enjoy!

Oh dear...am I the first to say maybe get the two other bags? I *love* the look of this Boy, don't get me wrong, and it'll surely be a great addition to your collection. However, because you already have a Boy I'd go for 2 other styles instead. I actually like the Gucci swing bags, thinking of getting one as well at some point. And both LV and Gucci are lovely brands as well...luxury problems! :smile: