My new bow! Help convince me either way - should I keep it?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
    I bought this mini bow in "orange" - I don't know its proper name, and I'm feeling rather 50-50 about it. I LOVE the style, the way it looks on me, etc ... I'm just not sure about the colour.

Have you guys come across this colour? It doesn't help that I don't know its proper name, and can't look at how other people have been wearing this.

It's a fabulous colour, but .. arghh .. I don't know! Help!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. omg, keep this wonderful bag!!!
    the color is amazing!!! and something special!!! :smile:
    and it really looks great on you!!!

3. The orange is really pretty! I say keep it because it's not something everyone else has. Do you know if it's for A/W 2010?

4. I don't know what season it is. It just happened to be THERE. And apparently the name of the colour is just "orange". I'm torn, because it's a bit of a hard colour to match!

5. It´s very cute and special, and it seems like you like the color:smile: so keep it! It goes well with colors like blue, gray, black, brown and basicly every earth color!

If you´re feeling unsure - what other bags do you have (from MM/the bow in other colors?)? If you have many other bags, or can afford to buy more neutral bags if you want them, go for this pick-me-up color! If you only can afford one handbag and you´re not 100% sure of that you want to wear this color much and during a longer time, I would pick a more neutral color instead - after all it´s not very cheap and you still put some money on it.

But if you feel that this one is really "you" - keep it!:smile:

/ThP

6. It's called papaya

7. The bag is definitely a great colour, but I think I would personally have a hard time matching it with a lot of things. I own an orange bag that I've probably only ever used twice, simply because I have other black/beige/grey/brown bags that are so much easier to match. Having said that, my colour palette does tend to be more on the neutral side.

If you love wearing vibrant colours and think you'll get a lot of wear out of it, then I say keep it! MM bows are meant to be cute and fun-loving, and the colour definitely suits that purpose. (Plus, I notice you already have a great neutral bag - the Alexa!) If you're still hesitant about it in a few days, it could be a sign that you don't really love it, and maybe should consider swapping it for one that you do love.

Good luck with your decision!! Be sure to let us know what you decide! :smile:

8. Cookiee is right, it could be papaya as well. Did you try looking for the color in the receipt? It's written there. It's gorgeous and I say keep it.

9. It should be papaya. The color is nice and pop, very energizing. Actually it is quite versatile and goes well with colors, black, white, grey, blue, browns, beige. I would say keep it.

10. I love this color but if you aren't sure, I think you should exchange for another color. This bag is too expensive for you to have doubt about the color...think about how great it will feel when you have a bag you love in a color you love!

What other color are you thinking of?

11. Thanks everyone! I'm still feeling hesistant about it. I mean, I do like bright colours but I think my wardrobe is actually quite dark.

It doesn't help that my local Miu Miu doesn't have that many colours to choose from! They have black, white and mughetto. Perhaps I should go with mughetto?

12. Hi C:huh:kiee,

May I know what colour is your bow, its very pretty. Looks light purplish grey :smile: Do you know if they do sell it still?

Thanks!

13. It is rather difficult to match with this color. The purse itself is beautiful, it's not very versatile with different outfits though. Maybe exchange for a different color that really steals your heart?

14. i think its a fun color, especially since most of your wardrobe is dark. i say stick with it, its a very diff color that you won't see on someones arm every day! :tup:

15. I think it's a great color. It's so striking and very brightly beautiful. I say keep it! Especially since you said you wear dark colors...I think this orange will bring it out more and give it just the right amount of pop!