My new bourbon Ada

There are no words... just :drool::drool::drool:!!!

attachment.php

I love my Sand Ada and use it regularly, and Im also on the look out for a bourbon one. Mini, yours looks gorgeous.

About these different sized Adas....I would love to see pics of each to see what the differences are. I dont know if mine is small or big and I would like to know.

I think Kooba released two sizes of the Ada. I think Mini purchased the shorter one.

Gosh KBL, I had no idea two different sizes of Ada were realeased. I guess I struck lucky that I managed to find a second hand one that's a size that works for me. I really expected it to be a giant, but it's a lovely manageable size. As soon as hubby is out of the way, I'll try and get some shots of it on my shoulder and hand held. I do think it gives a better perspective of size. It is definitely a larger bag, but not as large as I thought it would be (which is a good thing). It also looks brand new. No marks or issues with it at all, simply GORGEOUS.

Youngster, as it was bought secondhand, I'm not sure which vendor it was bought from, but if I manage to find out, I'll let you know.

Halzer, I too would love to see the difference in size between the two, I've never been aware of it before. Tell you what, send me your Ada and I'll check out if yours is the same size or larger than mine and I'll take some photos side by side.... I just can't promise to send that gorgeous sand baby back to you!!!

Halzer, I too would love to see the difference in size between the two, I've never been aware of it before. Tell you what, send me your Ada and I'll check out if yours is the same size or larger than mine and I'll take some photos side by side.... I just can't promise to send that gorgeous sand baby back to you!!!

:roflmfao:.............. yeah! The closest thing to an ADA you will be getting is a leaflet by the American Dental Association. Hey! Do they give out promo bags? Then it will be an alternative ADA. ;)

Whats the measurments of the big Vs small ada anyone?
Sorry to hijack Mini...but can anyone tell by this pic if mine is small or large??
5ykj7fk.jpg

Halzer, you're not hijacking, I'm really curious to know the size difference too. Maybe show the pic of you wearing it on your arm, as that shows size of your Ada in relation to you. Also, wouldn't mind seeing that nice embroidered tunic again (I quietly admired it the first time you showed that photo).

LOL....Well Im almost 5ft 10 so any bag looks a bit teeny on me!

Dammit I love that Bourbon colour, but I cant bring myself to buy the same bag but a different colour version.

I'd love to know the dimensions of the two sizes as well. I always thought the Ada was huge, but Halzer's looks to be a great size and so does yours Mini. Kooba lists the dimensions of the sand Ada that is up on their site as 16" x 12" x 5". NM lists the dimensions as 16" x 12" x 8".

:roflmfao:.............. yeah! The closest thing to an ADA you will be getting is a leaflet by the American Dental Association. Hey! Do they give out promo bags? Then it will be an alternative ADA. ;)

Whats the measurments of the big Vs small ada anyone?
Sorry to hijack Mini...but can anyone tell by this pic if mine is small or large??

The best thing is to see the bottom of the bags. One will have 2 rows of studs and I think the other just have one. Perhaps that's just the Jillian. If it is, then you need to count studs on the length of the purse. Maybe count the studs from the first one below the strap all around the bag. Then compare.
Or maybe try counting the studs across the front of the bag between the straps or on the pockets to see if there is a difference.

Okay, I've just had a private consultation in my walk-in closet with my Ada (seeing as I haven't told hubby about this bag purchase yet!).

As far as the studs go....

1) From one end of the handle across to the other end of the handle, there are 8 studs across.
2) There are 8 double studs from the handle down to the base of the bag.
3) The side pockets each have 7 studs across the top of the pocket
4) The base of the bag has just 1 stud in each corner of the bag (total of 4).

Looking at the pics of Halzer's bag and counting the studs, it looks to me as though we have the same size Ada, ie just the right size :smile:

If there were two sizes of Adas, I'm not sure which size this is, small or large, but any smaller and I think we'd be in Jillian territory. I used a tape measure and my (stuffed with paper) Ada is approx 15' x 12' x 6'.

In the box, with packing, the weight mentioned on the USPS form was 3lbs 14ozs, which was a lot lighter than I expected.

Ok, I'm going to try to upload some photos of my Ada. The main difference as mentioned above is the studs along the bottom. Mine has the two rows going all the way around. Pictures are not the best quality and the bag is old, so please excuse.