My new Blade - opinions please!

Mar 31, 2009
Deep breath - my first full-price, retail bag purchase (and the most I've spent on a bag!) is the Blade in pebbled gray leather (first picture). I love the gray/gold combo, that it can look cool and relaxed crossbody (second picture - it falls a bit lower on me), but also ladylike when the strap is shortened (third picture), and that the pebbled leather is durable.

Honest opinions please. I've never paid this much for a bag before, but absolutely fell in love with this bag and then pulled the trigger when I learned that the Blade is being discontinued (the horror!) and that the pebbled leather version is quite rare. But if it falls flat for other people (or a better casual/chic alternative springs to mind), I want to know while I still have time to return it. Of course, if you love it I'd like to hear that too!

TIA!ImageUploadedByPurseForum1407114525.723163.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1407114533.546883.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1407114543.113809.jpg

Deep breath - my first full-price, retail bag purchase (and the most I've spent on a bag!) is the Blade in pebbled gray leather (first picture). I love the gray/gold combo, that it can look cool and relaxed crossbody (second picture - it falls a bit lower on me), but also ladylike when the strap is shortened (third picture), and that the pebbled leather is durable.

Honest opinions please. I've never paid this much for a bag before, but absolutely fell in love with this bag and then pulled the trigger when I learned that the Blade is being discontinued (the horror!) and that the pebbled leather version is quite rare. But if it falls flat for other people (or a better casual/chic alternative springs to mind), I want to know while I still have time to return it. Of course, if you love it I'd like to hear that too!

TIA!View attachment 2707189View attachment 2707190View attachment 2707191
You are so CHIC!!! Love how you modeling your Blade. The color is gorgeous and it definitely compliments you.

Yes it is one of the expensive bag from Celine and it is not on my wish list as to me it's so similar to All Soft. I've tried carrying it once and my friend said I looked like a girl who worked in a library LOL.

Its a pretty bag and its sad Celine is gonna discontinue it. I understand that it is not as trendy or famous or sells as much as other Celine bags (i.e. Luggage, Phantom, Trapeze, Tie etc) but she is a classic and beautiful bag in her own right. They should keep this for the people that do not like the trendy bags but want a more classic look. Keep it if you really like it! If its gonna be discontinued, this might be your few chances to score a new one in ur choice of color.

so chic! the fact that its being discontinued would mk me cherish it even more. i enjoy not having a piece that is more unique. congrats on your new purchase!!!

Thanks, all, especially the comment about cherishing her more now that she's being discontinued. The Blade obviously isn't as popular as some other Celine styles, which likely means that it has a lower resale value, but c'est la vie. I do adore the bag and can't see myself returning her! I'm glad I snapped her up while I still could!

To further rationalize, I really love how this bag does both crossbody and handheld/shoulder so well. The crossbody look strikes me as cool and edgy in a more mature and refined way than Balenciaga, and the handheld/shoulder look strikes me as refined and sleek without being prissy.

My new love :heart:

TIA!View attachment 2707189View attachment 2707190View attachment 2707191
I think it's a beautiful bag and would definitely keep it. The fact it's being discontinued makes me like it even more!

I was this close to buying a Blade (almost handed over my wallet) till I noticed that the leather I wanted for the Blade didn't fare at all with scratches (it was the smooth one and scuffed to reveal a white layer below) and so because of that I had to break up with this Blade bag.

It is a very simple and beautiful bag. I do not know why Céline would rest this style but I would get it again in a better leather. The goatskin (I think) of the one you posted is pretty special and rare. Go for it.