My new bicolor Croc!

The (fairly unexciting) story goes like this...

Spotted this bag at an overseas reseller when I was on a holiday 1 month ago. I was just browsing to see what I could add to my family. :rolleyes: This baby just so happened to be sitting in the display. Upon laying eyes on it, I was hooked! Went back twice to ogle at it. I returned home from the holiday, without the bag. Could not get it out of my head!:girlsigh:

Images of the bag and decision to-buy-or-not-to-buy plagued my thoughts daily. My mind would drift to the bag, when I was stressed at work, when I was stuck in another long meeting or simply when I was chilling out in front of Justice League (Cartoon Network :shame:smile:. I think I almost drove my SIL insane with my constant discussions with her on "to-buy-or-not-to-buy"!

My apprehension at buying was primarily due to the fact that it was from a reseller store. All my H-bags to-date have been from the H-stores only. Naturally, I took it for granted that my holy grail H-bag would also be from the H-store. Conversely, my confidence in the store was attributed to friends who are regular Clients. The store had H-bags, in exotic, goat and calf skins, which are rarely sighted IRL. The store was a candy land of H-bags (apart from the other brands they had)! One would not have had so much fun in an actual H-store trying out so many different bags in one outing!

Finally, after one month of irrational, rational and completely distracting albeit fun mental gymnastics, I decided to get it! The fact that the bag was still available was a sign that the bag was destined to be mine:greengrin:!

My local H-manager was quite supportive of the decision to get it as she said that it had to be a SO as it was rare. She advised that the bag would take more than 2 years to arrive. At that moment, 2 years was like 2 decades away! The decision was assisted by the fact the my SIL and bro wanted to have a short break away. So off we went (for me twice in a month on a 3.5 hours flight!) to bring this baby home!:love:

I was able to buy from the reseller as I'm easy on the "shrink-wrap". Buying from a reseller is definitely not for the faint-hearted. The bag would have been displayed and tried on by others. For me, it was brand new. Looked brand new. Felt brand new. It was calling out to me! It was mine mine mine :party::angel:.

An advantage of buying from a reseller is the opportunity and the candy-store fun of trying out the various sizes and colours simultaneously. The croc Birkins I tried out were 25cm Fuschia, 25cm Black/Orange, 30cm Navy/Blue Jean, 30cm Anthracite, 30cm matte black, 35cm Cocoan, 35cm Miel and 35cm Black. Btw, all were sold out by my 2nd trip. The Cocoan and Miel were available at the 2nd trip.

The opportunity to try out the various sizes and colours was great. I've always thought it would be a 30cm croc Birkin with GHW. A 35cm was far far far from my mind. I'm a 30cm regular leather B-bag gal. Also thought I would never go for black. Thought I liked all-fuschia croc. Having tried out a 25cm Fuschia croc, I changed my mind. Having tried dark coloured 30cm Birkins, I changed my mind. Having tried a 35cm black Birkin, I changed my mind (albeit with a pop of Fuschia):P!!!

I did hesitate for a moment when I saw the 35cm Cocoan with GHW. The porosus scales on this bag were perfect! They were smaller than my baby's. So beautiful! Gold HW too, which was my no.1 preference. I was tempted, very tempted to go for the Cocoan. Then the love-at-first-sight emotion returned.:love: It HAD to be the black/fuschia one! Brown or any shades of brown do not work for me. Colour rationale over-ruled. But I must say that the scales alone could make me get that bag!:yes::P

To conclude, the moral of my story is "never say never". The most unexpected could be the most likely!:graucho:

Thank you lots lots lots for all your kind and affectionate support for my baby!!! Such fabulous, comforting words to complement the purchase. Makes it a greater purchase. It is so great to be able to share it with all you great great TPFers!:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

To conclude, the moral of my story is "never say never". The most unexpected could be the most likely!

I think this is SO TRUE! So many times I have heard people say they want one specific color/leather/hardware color, etc., but then they see a bag that is totally different and just fall madly in love at first sight! I think it's because of the individuality of each specific bag--from the use of the skin to the character of the hide/scales of the croc, to the stitching of a particular craftsman, to a color/hardware combination that's unexpected or rare....every H bag has a story and a personality all her own!

It really makes me appreciate all the drama we so often go through to get these bags! They are all unique individuals, just like the women (and men) who own and cherish them.

Thank you so much for sharing your story; I really enjoyed hearing it!