My New Beautiful but Noisy Oran Sandals

Aug 15, 2014
Hi everyone! I am a Hermés newbie, I only have one secondhand Twilly. But I have been saving for months to buy a pair of Oran sandals! I didn't want to order them online, so I travelled to the Chicago Hermés store and purchased them in person. It was a lovely experience and I am so pleased with how beautiful and comfortable they are. So I am posting to celebrate and share with you all, but also to ask if your Orans are noisy when you walk, like mine are? I have other slides but none make this sticky slapping sound the way the Orans do. It sounds like they are sticking to my foot and are very noisy when I walk.

IMG_2457.jpg IMG_2459.jpg IMG_2460.jpg

I don't have these sandals, but sometimes run into this problem with other shoes. I use a product called Body Glide to reduce the chafing on sticky spots. That prevents the rubbing noise (if that's your problem), but would not help with the slapping sound of the sandals hitting the bottom of the foot.
Thank you! The sound of slapping my foot is secondary. It's the sound of my foot detaching/lifting from the sandal when I raise my leg that's driving me crazy. In that case it sounds like Body Glide would help!